Chapter 29: Holy Crap.

OLIVIA POV.

My chest hurt. My brain was like the static on the television. I was confused, even though the Doctor explained everything in a quick, detailed explanation that I have forgotten. Was short term memory loss a side effect? I don't know.

I was nervous. I told Doctor that I wanted to see Charlie first, because apparently I would go into another coma if I see all of my friends at once. Absolute bullshit, but I don't care.

Who are all of my friends? Sarah, Kirsty and Paris couldn't have travelled to London, and Rachael and Luke were still on tour. The only person was Charlie, and maybe Gordie.

Actually, maybe it is Sarah, because of the Art Unveiling.

Anyway, going back to my thoughts, I probably looked like I have been hungover for five months at the moment. Actually, no I do look like that, because I can see my reflection in the mirror on the counter.

Why the hell is there a mirror in a hospital room?!

Oh wait, that's a computer monitor.

I facepalm and groan at my slowness, however the sight of myself almost gave me a heart attack, and considering I just got out of a heart operation is probably not the best thing to first see when you wake up.

And if I thought that the pain in my chest would indicate my heart to stop beating and my brain to stop being paranoid at everything, Charlie walks into the room, causing my heart to beat one thousand times faster. Yeah, this can't be good for my 'condition'.

"Hey." I say, insecurely playing with my hair, which resembled a bird's nest.

He doesn't say anything back; he just takes a sharp breath through his teeth.

"You can come closer, Charlie." I chuckle. "I probably smell bad, but I don't bite."

He takes one step closer and takes my hand in between his, and I don't blame him for not speaking because I would be surprised if the roles were switched.

"You okay?" I ask, and I notice my voice sounds very strained and lifeless. Probably because I haven't talked in, er, however long I've been asleep for.

He nods, and kisses my hand.

I giggle. "What was that for?"

He shakes his head, and I'm still surprised he hasn't talked yet. When ya want him to shut up, he talks. When ya want him to talk, he shuts up.

"Okay, Charlie," I say, reluctantly pulling my hands out of his and crossing my arms across my chest. "I won't talk to you if you don't talk to me."

He opens his mouth, and pulls my hand out of my crossed arms (I didn't really put up a fight for him to grab it) and sits down on the plastic chair beside me. He looked into my eyes and I stared straight back into them, when he licked his lips and smiles.

"Thank you." Is all he says.

I frown at him, raising an eyebrow that was probably in need of plucking. "What for, Charlie?"

He smiles before standing up and bending over my head and kissing me on the forehead. He sits back down and continues to hold my hand.

"For staying. For not leaving. For being alive." He says, stating the same thing in different words. "For fighting. For being part of the 10% that survive."

"10%?!" I say, feeling my chest contract, causing pain. "Ow."

His eyes widen. "Are you okay?"

I nod. "Just some chest pains. Doc said that it's expected."

He nods.

"10% of people survive this operation?" I ask, suddenly feeling very grateful for my second chance at life.

"That was my exact expression." He says, doing an adorable half-smirk. "And I never lost hope that you would wake up."

"Charlie, you didn't wait in that plastic chair for -"

"Seven weeks, baby." He says, smirking to himself.

Holy crap, he just called me baby. And double holy crap, seven weeks?! That would've been ages!

"What about school? Football?" I say, my heart accelerating and I take a deep breath before I pass out. "Shit, what about school for me?"

"I utilized my time." He shrugs. "And your assignments are all approved absences, due to medical complications."

"And where's Chad now?"

His face scrunches in disgust, and his grip on my hand becomes a little too tight.

"Please tell me he's been arrested."

He nods, scoffing. "He won't be getting out anytime soon."

"Thank God." I mumble.

"You and I both." He says, a slight chuckle in his throat. "Any questions?"

He bites his lips nervously as he reaches into his back pocket, and a white piece of paper in an envelope follows in his hands. I frown at the paper, not fully understanding as to why he has an envelope in his pocket.

"Actually, Liv..." He begins to say, but he bites his lip and fiddles with the envelope before shaking his head. "The weather is a bit chilly today."

I roll my eyes at him. He was about to tell me something important, I can tell he was.

"Weather?" I cock my head towards him. "Really?"

He licks his previously bitten lips and rubs his hands along his thighs.

"C'mon, what's wrong?" I say, and I place my hand on top of his.

He hesitates for a moment, but he places the letter onto my lap and I recognize it immediately. I chuckle at the letter.

Smart move; you can't remember what the doctor told you about your health, but you can remember a pasty letter that you wrote ages ago?

"You took a trip through Mr Memory Book, did ya?" I smirk.

"This isn't something to joke about, Olivia." He scolds. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" I ask. "That I was depressed or that I love you?"

His breathing hitches with mine with the last words that I said, and then his face breaks into a smile.

"You love me?"

I nod. "Do you love me?"

He nods.

And I liked this. It was pure simplicity; no kiss, no pouring rain, no clichéd violins playing in the background; just our simplistic trading smiles towards each other, and our hands connecting with each other.

"I've waited ages for this moment." He says.

"For me to wake up," I sarcastically say, "or to tell me you love me?"

He rolls his eyes. "Both."

He leans in close to me, and I so badly wanted to kiss his plump lips. My heart accelerates, causing a pain that is numbing yet painful, and I pull back.

"What's wrong?" He asks, frowning.

"Don't kiss me."

"Excuse me?"

"Don't kiss me."

His eyebrows knit together in confusion, his lips (oh those lips) pursing together. "Why?"

I blush a bit as I clear my throat. "I can taste my breath and it doesn't taste nice."

He begins to laugh, holding his stomach as the music of his laughter feels the room.

"And I thought kissing someone after they woke up from a coma was romantic." He says after his laughing fit.

"Yeah, it really isn't." I say, shaking my head. I point to the sink behind him, "Can you get me a glass of water?"

He nods, standing up and turning around to get to the sink. "Did you want me to bring some of your things to the hospital?"

I curse in my head, knowing that I'd have to be stuck in this room for a while.

"I'll write a list." I joke, and he scoffs.

"I think a toothbrush is on the list." He says, playfully fanning his nose.

"Shut up!" I say, and he passes me the glass of water that he has filled to the brim.

"Hey!" He says, pointing at me. "I saved your life, you better be grateful."

"Charlie," I say, gulping the water down in one gulp. "it was my pure intelligence that saved my life."

"But-"

"You were merely a factor." I wink at him, throwing the paper cup into the bin besides me.

He pokes his tongue out at me, however he truly did save my life. If he didn't bring the police, I would've been dead right now.

He saved me.

"Do you know how long you'll be in recovery for?" Charlie asks.

I shake my head. "Not a clue."

He stares lovingly into my eyes, his beautiful brown ones boring into my beautiful brown ones, and he does that adorable half smirk that makes your heart 'flutter'. His hand cheekily slides up my forearm, and back to my hand, giving off a tickling sensation.

"I really want to kiss you." He says, inching closer to my face.

"I want to, too."

He presses his forehead against mine, our noses touching slightly and he wiggles his nose against mine, reminding me of a puppy dog when a knock at the door interrupts our intimate moment.

I hear Charlie groan as he sits back into the plastic chair - that looks really uncomfortable - and I attempt to call "Come in!", but due to the dry throat and unused vocal chords for seven weeks, it doesn't really work.

"Come in!" Charlie says for me, smiling at me as he places his hands in mine once more.

I can't believe it.

This boy liked me.

Wait, he didn't like me;

He loved me.

No boy has ever told me he loves me before. When did I get so lucky?

When I moved to London; the Land of Luck.

I tear my eyes away from Charlie's (reluctantly) and look at the door, and my heart begins to accelerate when I see Sarah's face (and her body) walk through the door.

"Hey." I smile at her as she comes over and drapes her arms around my neck.

"Olivia Rose Thompson." She scolds, and I cringe at the use of my full name.

"Hey." I say again, and she laughs.

"Did you say it?" She says, but not to me. Her gaze directs to Charlie as she sits on the chair next to my bed.

"Yeah." He nods. "She does too."

Sarah claps her hands and does a little happy dance in her chair.

"Did I miss something," I say. "or am I just really high on morphine?"

They both begin to laugh, Sarah shaking her head and Charlie rolling his eyes.

"Charlie told me he found the letter where you said you loved him." She explains, and she honestly reminds me of a school teacher. "And I asked him if he loved you, and he said yes."

"And she threatened me with a knife to tell you." He concludes, nodding his head once.

"Did not!"

"Did so!"

She pokes his tongue out at him.

He pokes his tongue out at her.

I roll my eyes,

"Stop acting like children."

"Stop acting like children." Sarah mimics.

The door opens again, and I see Gordie, Rachael and Luke enter the room. My heart leaps in my chest, realising how many people actually came to visit me when I woke up.

"H-hey." I say, a bit flabbergasted as Luke and Rachael wait at the foot of my bed and Gordie goes to Sarah (awkward for Charlie). "Why are you all here?!"

"Don't you want us here?" Gordie says.

"Ouch!" Rachael says, covering her heart with her hand mockingly. "That hurts!"

"I didn't mean it like that!" I say.

And just when I thought my heart couldn't take any more surprises, Kirsty and Paris walk through the door.

"Oh my God!" I say, and I can feel tears rolling down my cheek. Why am I crying? I don't know. It was a bit overwhelming, I must say, but it was a good overwhelming - getting buried in people's scents as they hugged you tight, having to pinch yourself to convince yourself that they're here by your side.

"I never thought..." I say, looking at all my amazing friends, "I never thought..."

"Never thought what, Liv?" Charlie says.

"I never thought you would all come and see me." I say quietly, gesturing to everyone.

"Aw!" Everybody says, coming closer to me and giving this really huge, uncomfortable group hug that lasted five minutes.

And in those five minutes, Charlie and I kissed. Twice.

And it was the best two kisses of my life.

My breath might have smelled, I may have looked like a rat and the suffocation of six people in an enclosed space was causing me to have a light head, but it was still magical.

I was with my friends, my Charlie, (I don't know if he's my boyfriend or not) and now I'm waiting for my family to walk through any second.

Once they all let go, I take a big breath and hold Charlie's hand once more, when Kirsty says;

"Are you two finally going out now?"

And I bite my lip and turn to Charlie, waiting for his response.

***

Cliffhanger! Hey guys wazzuppppp.

The winner of the comment competition (commentition?) goes to parisianlights (aka Karla) whom I will do the dedicaty thingy on computer bc I'm on iPod ATM.

Doing it again so comment now! And vote too bc idk just do it please.

And yeah hope you enjoyed it.

Ollie power!