One.

Everyone burst out into cheers and exuberant laughter, shouting and saying things all at the same time. I turned to Mitsukuni, pulled him towards me, and kissed him.

He kissed me back, and then I felt something dart into my mouth.

Tongue? Tongue!

I blushed. The sensation was strange. Very strange, but I didn't dislike it.

"Wow, youngsters these days." I thought I heard someone say. Then a catcall seemed to sound through the air.

Wait a minute.... People must be staring!

The two of us broke apart, breathless and extremely red in the face. "Mitsukuni," I squeaked, eyes darting back and forth. There were definitely people smirking at us. I blushed some more while staring into Mitsukuni's wide eyes.

"That was..." I trailed off.

"Bad?" he asked. "You didn't like it?"

"No. It was just really weird," I replied.

Mitsukuni nodded. His own cheeks were flushed pink and it wasn't because of the cold. "The line moved, Rika. Let's go!" He pulled me forward.

"Happy new year," I said.

"Happy new year!" he replied with a grin.

"Please take care of me this year as well." I bowed.

"Take care of me too!" He bowed back. "Let's have a good year together, okay?"

"Yeah." I smiled.

We eventually reached the front of the shrine, where we paid our respects to the gods.

I wish for my dear friends and family to be safe and happy, and that Mitsukuni and I continue to be close and have a good relationship.

Wait, am I asking for too much?
After that, we went off to the side and got ourselves a fortune.

"I got average luck," I said, reading my fortune. "What'd you get Mitsukuni?" When there wasn't a response, I looked up. He wasn't standing beside me. I glanced around and still couldn't find him.

Huh? Mitsukuni? Where did he go?

3rd POV:

Honey had been dragged away by the crowd. He could see the fortune area ahead of him, but to get there,