The New One

When I saw the puppy in the cage i felt really bad for it. "How much for this one?" I asked the lady looked down at the little guy. "He is a long story he is only five dollars for many reasons but yea." "I only have three." "Sold" I looked at her and was very happy so I opened my back pack and grabbed my wallet. I handed her the three dollars and looked at the puppy.
"Does he have a name?" I asked
"No name him whatever you want." She said
I opened the gate and saw he was maybe gonna bring me good luck. I looked at him hard and good, he tilted his head to the side before leaving. "Cage" I said he walked to me and licked my face, that was his new name. I walked back into the building where there were no dogs or anything and saw a empty desk I sat down and put my back pack down on the floor next to my new puppy. I saw there was already a dog bed and dog food and water in here so I led Cage to the food and he ate it all and drank some of his water. I looked around to see where the bag of the food was, I opened the only cabinet and saw three medium sized dog food bags so I put them in my back pack and closed the cabinet. Then the phone rang I turned to see the lady walk up to the door and she looked at the phone and nodded her head yes.
"Hello this is Shyann Wyomings animal shelter how can I help you?" I said into the phone.
"Hi I'm looking for my dog it maybe got out an hour ago." She said very worried,
"Ok what kind of dog is he?"
"A blue nose pitbull and has a black collar with 3 tags on it."
"What is his name?"
"Blue."
I typed in on the computer blue nose pitbull and name Blue, "What is the sex?" "Girl" then I typed in girl.
"No sorry we don't have her yet but I will decently contact you to when we get home what is your number?"
"(970) 634-5890 and my name is Taylor."
I wrote it down on a stick note said good bye and hung up the phone. I walked out the office and Cage followed me to find the people who drive the animal control car. I found one of them I handed them the stick note picked up Cage and walked back to the office.
After a few months of working there on and off the lady paid me my fourth pay check. Now I had 155 dollars so I grabbed my dog the water bowl more food and the bed and a leash Cage already had a collar from a long time ago so I hooked the leash on the collar and rode off with him. Cage didn't know how to run with a bike yet so I just flipped my backpack around and put him in there. I rode off for about an hour and was not in Shyann anymore, I don't know where I was but everything was way cheaper. I tied my dog to a pole and went inside got a few snacks and water. When I got outside a little girl was petting my dog, "what kind of dog is he."
"A blue heeler." I said
She smiled and looked at me then walked off I opened my back pack and there was no more room so I need to find a place to stay, then right before I rode off four cops pull up right in front of me. "Callie!?" One of the cops said I looked up and it was one of my uncles I ran up to him and hugged him.
"What are you doing here?"
"Running away." I said
Later on that night Cage and I where in my uncles house with my aunt and their dog.
"So why did you run away?"  I didn't answer and looked at the ground "Is it because of that" he pointed to my black eye. "No!" I answered "just wasn't the same without my mom." I said bringing up her death.
I went into the guest bedroom and went to sleep I woke up at 3:00 in the morning I looked around for a bigger bag and I found one. I put my dog and my dog stuff in the bag snuck some more food and rode off. After 20 minutes away from his house I looked back and there was nobody pitch black. I heard Cage snoring and I giggled a little bit and then all of a sudden I heard a gun shot fire and I fly off my bike.