9.0

Hey guys. I had to rewrite this chapter and I'm pissed because I left something out in the last chapter but it was already published so I said fuck it. Anyways so yea, if you read my book before all this extra rewriting shit you would know that this is a new chapter and you should probably read it. 

Btw should I switch back and forth from Hanna and Mateo? Let me know please...

Not edited sorry...

|Remember to vote and comment|

Hanna

"I mean exactly that, idiota. So are you staying or leaving?" he says indifferently while gazing down at Emilio. It's taking everything in me to not take Emilio away and cradle him in my arms. They look so cute together and it's giving me so many conflicting emotions that I don't even know what to think or do anymore.

"Why are you just standing there? Answer pendeja!" I flinch as Mateo's mother takes a step towards me. Don't judge me because she's scary as Hell, just like the rest of this family.

"Mama, go sit down." Emilio orders.

"Excuse m-"

"Mama! Sit down or leave." He growls with a pointed glare in her direction. Mrs De'Lovanche glares right back and for a tense minute or two she gives in.

"Fine. Let me go put him down for his nap." she sighs while taking Emilio and then leaving the room with a quick glance in my direction. I swear I just saw my life flash through my eyes. I will do my best to stay away from her.

For about the millionth time in this hour silence is once again thick in the atmosphere as I avoid Mateo's piercing glare. My stomach churns and my body heats up as his gaze doesn't let up. I thought that after this year and a half I would have already lost my feelings for him. How stupid of me huh? I chuckle silently to myself and roll my eyes.

"I'm waiting. And I'm pretty sure you know how I feel about that so hurry up and decide." 

"I don't know."

"Then come back here when you do." his phone buzzes and he pulls it out to check then puts it back in his pocket. "I have work to do. I'll have someone prepare a room for you for tonight and I'll find someone to bring you to your sister tomorrow." he says, standing up from his chair. 

"Wait I want to see Emilio." I demanded.

"He's asleep." 

"I'll be quiet. I'm his mother you can't keep him away from me!"

"Oh so keeping him away from you like you kept him away from me?" My words are stuck in my throat as I lower my head. 

He scoffs then nods me along to Emilio's nursery. I follow after his long strides hastily trying to keep up. We go up one floor, passing by Mateo's bedroom towards the double doors across the hall. Mateo opens one of the doors and lets me walk is first.. I go straight for the crib across the room. I reach my hand in and gently caress Emilio's chubby cheek. I choke back a sob as he leans into my hand unconsciously.  

"You gave me such a scare Milo." I whispered.

"You have until tomorrow to decided Hanna." He says. I nod and then he leaves the room.