6.0

|Remember to vote and comment I would love to read your thoughts|

This chapter is not edited... sorry but not really :)

It's been a week since Jason's visit here and I'm still waiting for that bastard to give me the results. How long does it take to analyze mucus? All this waiting is getting me anxious and I haven't been able to focus on anything other than Emilio.

Heaving a sigh, I rub my temples trying to get rid of the pounding in my head.

Looking at the multiple stacks of papers on my desk, I crack my neck and grab one of the manila folders to get started on. Folder after folder I work through the files and documents putting them into three piles. One pile for trash, one to look over again, and the last one are for the complete folders. I'm glad to say the the complete and trash folders are higher than the ones I haven't looked through on my desk.

Leaning when my phone buzzes, I grab my phone and open the message from Micheal. 

Micheal: Boss we got another threat from Vasiliev

Mateo: Then bring it up why the fuck are you texting me

Tossing my phone on the desk I growl in frustration. That Vasiliev continuously sends meaningless threats through mail. The man is all talk but he's not a the boss of the Russian Mafia for nothing so it's important to read his "threats" before determining if it's harmless or not. And I partially like reading them because they're amusing to read but right now is not the time to look at petty warnings I got work to do.

A knock on the door grabs my attention. Knowing it's Micheal I allow him entry. He walks in carrying box the size of a shoe box. Before he can speak I tell him to put the box on the floor next to my desk.

"But boss this is something I think you should look at right now." he says hurriedly.  Glaring at him I take a look at the box. Vasiliev never sends a box, and by the way Micheal is keeping his head turned away from it means it can't be anything good. 

"Give it here." I order while moving a stack of folders away from my desk that is soon replaced by the box. I nearly rear back at the strong smell of decaying flesh but I'm used to it already so it doesn't affect me as much. A frown forms on my face as I open the box which only allows the smell to get stronger. A smaller white box is placed inside but on top is a white rose and a single envelope. Taking the envelope out I open it and start to read.

Mateo! Long time since I've wrote to you hasn't it. A little birdie told me you have a little baby in your care. He's so cute I could just eat him up. But I'm sure my dogs would find him more appetizing. It's also come to my attention that you've been ignoring my demands. My last comment is your warning. 

Sincerely,
Abram Vasiliev 

До свидания Матео. Ваша империя скоро станет моей.

Growling in anger I throw the note to the side and open the box to see a decomposing rat. Standing while closing the box it takes everything in me to not flip my desk over as well as driving my fist into a wall. I close my eyes and take a deep breath but it does nothing to calm my raging thoughts. After a minute or so I open my eyes and spot Micheal standing cautiously at my side.

"I wan't you to strengthen the security around here and call Samuel, we have a rat." I ordered before grabbing the box, note, and flower and shoving it into his arms. "Burn it." I sneer and sit back down, leaning against the back of my chair I fume silently as I watch Micheal leave the room. 

That fucker has a lot of nerve targeting my family. Emilio has nothing to do with this and him mentioning MY kid just got him into a whole lot of shit. That bastard is dead when I get my hands on him! And it will be his empire he loses in the end. A knock sounds on the door and I growl in annoyance.