Chapter 68

"So? What do you think?" The eye doctor asks as he fits Tim with his new glasses.

"Wow." Tim breathes as his eyes scan the room, finally being able to see clearly, after all this time.

He glances around at his lover, he clearly sees the beautiful smile he has been missing.

"Oooo, I love them." Adam smiles and winks. "Sexy."

The doctor laughs and shakes his head.

Tim looks back around at the mirror, straightening the glasses. "God, this feels weird. I can actually see. I've almost forgot what it feels like."

"Well, if you have any problems with them just give us a call." The doctor says as he pats Tim's leg.

"Thank you." Tim smiles as he stands up, quickly grabbing the doctor's arm when he became off balanced.

"Careful." The doctor chuckles. "It's gonna take a couple of days to get used to them."

"I see that." Tim laughs as he reaches for Adam's hand.

Adam leads him out to the truck.

Tim stops before getting into the truck. He smiles as he looks up at the beautiful cloudless sky.

"It's almost like I'm seeing everything for the first time. I mean, really seeing it. We take so much for granted." Tim says slightly shaking his head as he gets into the truck.

Adam gets into the driver's seat and leans over kissing Tim softly on the cheek.

Tim smiles as he reaches over and gently rubs Adam's cheek.

"I think I've missed seeing those beautiful blue eyes most of all." He says.

"Let's go home. I'm sure everyone is gathered at the house." Adam says as he starts the truck.

"Why is that?" Tim asks with furrowed brows.

"Why's what?" Adam chuckles as he pulls out of the parking lot.

"Why does everyone always gather at my house? It's old, run-down and needs a lot of work. And it's not that big." Tim says as he stares out the windshield.

"It's home to everybody." Adam shrugs. "It's got a certain homey feel to it."

They finish the drive in comfortable silence. Tim with a smile on his face as he takes in everything they pass by.

He chuckles slightly at the sight of his old house and Satchmo laying on the front porch waiting for his master's return.

Just as Tim opens the truck door, the front door of the house swings open and the whole crew comes running out.

He laughs as they all run to him with smiling faces.

Austin is the first to grab his big brother into a hug. "Well?"

"Well, let me see." Tim says as he pushes Austin back to see his face. "Yep, you still have freckles." He laughs as he kisses his little brother on the forehead.

"Awesome!" Austin laughs as he grabs his brother into another hug.

"D*mn. I didn't get this much attention when I came home from the hospital." Tim laughs.

"Tim, they look so good on you." Jenika smiles.

"Don't they though?" Adam smiles as he slips his arm around Tim's waist.

"It'll take a couple of days to get used to them." Tim says. "I feel like I'm walking downhill."

"I thought he was going to fall at the doctor's office." Adam chuckles.

"Hopefully the headaches will slack off too." Chris says.

"I hope so too." Tim says as he stoops down to give a waiting Satchmo a hug.

"I think this calls for a celebration." Rob says, grinning ear to ear. "How bout I take us all out to eat at Hattie's?"

"Sounds awesome to me. I'm starved." Tim smiles.

Tim and Adam get back into Tim's truck and Satchmo hops into the back. The others get into their car and they all head back to town.

"Did you ever hear from your insurance about your car?" Tim asks out of the blue.

"Yeah, I got a check. But I wanted to wait on getting me another car until you could see again. So you could help me pick one out." Adam smiles.

"You didn't have to wait on me. It's your car." Tim chuckles. "I've got my truck."

"No, it'll be our car." Adam smiles. "Just like this is our truck." Adam smirks because he knows how attached Tim is to his truck.

Tim gives a low chuckle and shakes his head. "My truck."

"Be that way, Stingy." Adam laughs giving Tim a quick kiss on the cheek.

They soon arrive at Hattie's. As Adam pulls into a parking lot, he sees something that makes his heart skip a beat.

He quickly looks around at Tim. Tim was staring coldly at Bayou Bob's truck. The look on his was had changed from smiling and happy to tight-lipped and pure hatred.

Adam reaches over and takes Tim by the hand and gently squeezes it.

Tim shifts his eyes from the truck to meet Adam's worried blue eyes. A smile slowly reappearing.

He sighs as his face goes serious again.

"You know it's gonna happen, Adam." Tim says in a low soft voice. "Sooner or later, there will be a fight to the death."

"I know, just don't let it be you." Adam whispers as he rubs his lover's cheek.

"I'll do my best." Tim smirks.

"I can't imagine my life without you, Tim Foust." Adam says in a soft whisper. "I would not have a reason to live."

Tim leans over crashing his lips against his lover's, kissing him passionately. "I love you so much." He whispers into the kiss.

"Hey, Lovebirds. I thought you were hungry." Austin laughs as he pecks on the window.

"Dickweed." Tim mumbles as he reaches for the door handle.

*************

PLEASE VOTE & LEAVE ME A COMMENT, PLEASE!!!