Chapter 1

**** The dog in the picture above is Satchmo. He belongs to Tim and girlfriend Jenika (pictured). This is the dog in the story. ***

___________________________________

Chris walked into the living room of their small two bedroom apartment. He plops down on the couch and opens a beer.

He looks at his younger brother Adam, who is flipping mindlessly through the channels of the television.

"We definitely need a life, don't we." He said taking a drink of his beer.

Adam chuckles and looks at his brother. "What's wrong, can't stand the excitement."

"What excitement? Our lives are so boring, just plain pathetic. Let's do something." Chris said turning to his brother.

"Like what?" Adam said, taking a glance back toward the television.

"I don't know. Something crazy. Like...like maybe a...like a road trip." Chris said.

"A road trip? Where?" Adam said, looking at his brother like he had lost his mind.

"I don't know. We can take some of the money that mom and dad left us and just go. Maybe head down south where it ain't so stinking cold." Chris said, giving Adam his best puppy dog eye.

"You serious aren't you." Adam said.

"Yes, I'm totally serious. Come on. What do you say?" Chris pleaded.

Adam looked at him and slowly smiled. "Why not. Sounds crazy but fun."

"Come on, we'll go pack and leave first thing in the morning." Chris said, jumping up from the couch.

"This is nuts." Adam laughed shaking his head.

~~~~~~~

After a few days of driving and sight seeing, they arrived in Louisiana.

"Oooo, we're in Cajun country." Chris laughed as he looked at the beautiful moss hanging from the trees.

"Are we lost?" Adam said, looking out the window at the bayou that ran along side the road.

"Probably." Chris chuckled. "But where's your adventure, little brother?"

"Chris, hadn't you seen the movie 'Deliverance'? They were looking for adventure too and ended up having to squeal like a pig." Adam said, actually looking for alligators in the water.

"But Adam, your gay." Chris chuckled.

"So, I still don't want to have to squeal like a pig." Adam laughed.

They finally came to a town, well calling it a town would be over exaggerating. There seem to be a Cajun celebration or something going on in the street or road or what ever you would call it.

They were boiling shrimp and lobsters and even slaughtering pigs to roast. There were men sitting around playing instruments and singing Cajun music. People were dancing in the street, drinking and having a good time.

Chris pulled over and stopped the car.

"Wait. Are we actually stopping?" Adam ask beginning to get pretty nervous.

"I need to find out where we are plus I'm getting pretty hungry." Chris said getting out of the car.

"We're gonna die." Adam mumbled getting out of the car.

Most of the people that Chris tried talking to would only speak what sounded like French. They finally gave up and started walking toward a run down store.

There was a guy standing on the porch, leaning against a post. He was eating what looked like jerky. His eyes darting around just watching the people dance. A huge furry dog lay at the man's feet. Maybe a mixed Huskey, just one of his eyes were blue.

Chris walked up to the man and stopped. The dog raised it's head and watched them cautiously.

"Excuse me. Do you speak English?" Chris asked.

"Yep." The guy answered in a very deep voice and chuckled.

"Finally." Chris said as Adam eyed the handsome stranger.

He was tall, maybe 6' 3", had long shoulder length brown hair, a beard and beautiful brown eyes.

"Could you please tell me where we are?" Chris asked.

"Well, if this spot in the road had a name it would probably be Teche." The stranger answered then held up his bag. "Jerky?"

_____________________________________________

Hoped you enjoyed the first chapter. If you did PLEASE VOTE & LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS!!

HOME FRIES UNITE!!!!!!