Chapter 63

The whole town had heard of their accident since everyone knows each other. They all knew of Tim's blindness.

The sun was now beginning to creep above the Cypress trees. So Tim slips on his sunglasses to shield his eyes from all the bright glares.

He sits alone on a log near Kelsey's booth. Adam had left to find a bathroom but he knew he wasn't alone. He could sense Mark's presence not too far away.

Tim was getting a mixture of looks by the people passing by. Looks of pity, some of disgust. But no one dared to say anything because they also saw the 'Son of Satan', leaning against a tree a few feet away.

Tim bounces his leg nervously as he lights a cigarette. He smiles as he hears a familiar voice.

"Well, cut my legs off and call me shorty. Dare ma boy." Joe Ben laughs as he sits down beside Tim and pats him on the leg. "I din't know if you be coming." (there's my boy)

"You know if I'm able, I'll be here." Tim smiles. 

"I can't believe day left you by yoself wit Bob lurking around." Joe says.  (they, yourself)

"Oh, who are you kidding. I'm not alone." Tim smirks looking over his shoulder. "I know I'm under a watchful eye."

"Jist lookin out fo ya, til you kin look out fo yoself." The old Cajun laughs. (just looking out for you, till you can look out for yourself)

"I know, and I appreciate that." Tim says with a nod. "So Bob is here?"

"Oh, yeah. He's here. Slithering around like a snake in da grass." Joe Ben says.

"I gave him a warning and a time limit, Joe." Tim says, lowering his voice.

"I know, ma boy told me." Joe nods. "You jist be keerful, ya hear me."  (just be careful)

"I've just had all I can take from him. I gotta end it." Tim says softly. "One way or another."

"Welp." The old man says as he stands up, patting Tim on the leg. "Yo being doin dis town a fava, I guarantee." (you'd be doing this town a favor)

Tim feels someone sat down beside him on the log as Joe Ben walks away.

"Anyone sitting here, Handsome?" It was Adam's voice.

"Well, my boyfriend was but he seems to have run off." Tim shrugs.

"Hmm, bad for him, good for me." Adam smiles. "Do you mess around?"

"Are you any good?" Tim smirks.

"My boyfriend says I'm the greatest." Adam says softly as he runs a finger up and down Tim's thigh.

"Really? So this boyfriend of your's, what's he like?" Tim smiles.

"He's mean as a snake but cuddly as a kitten. With looks that could have only come from Heaven." Adam smiles.

"Huh, sounds like a pretty amazing person." Tim smiles.

"He's more than amazing. So, what about your boyfriend?" Adam asks.

"He's the air that I breathe. He's every beat of my heart. He's my crutch when I need someone to lean on. He's as delicate as a rose but tough as leather. Even the most beautiful rainbow does not compare to my Adam." Tim says as he leans over and places a soft kiss on Adam's cheek.

"Wow." Adam says as he wipes a tear. "It sounds like you really love him a lot."

"Eh, he's alright." Tim chuckles.

"TIMOTHY REGAN!" Adam laughs as he shoves Tim, almost causing him to fall off the log they were sitting on.

Tim laughs as he wraps his arms around his lover and begins to nibble on his neck.

"Uh, Oh." Tim heard Adam say softly.

"Why don't you fags take that sh*t elsewhere." Bob says.

"Oh, Hello there, Robert." Tim smirks as he looks up at the blurry image. "I didn't see you standing there. Not clearly, anyway."

"What?" Bob asks, clearly confused.

"Let me explain it to you slow and simple, Dumb*ss." Tim says, taking off his sunglasses. "My eyesight is slowly getting better. I'm not totally blind anymore. So might I suggest that you go and enjoy yourself, cause this might just be your last one."

Bob looks at Adam, who was snuggling close to his lover. He then lifts his eyes to the smirk on Mark's face as he whittles over near a tree a few feet away.

"You think I'm scared of you, Foust?" Bob asks, crossing his arms across his chest.

"I think you asked me that question once before. And do you remember what my reply was? Huh?" Tim asks, slowly standing up to face the big man. "Let me remind you." He says, his voice taking a lower in tone. "My reply was that you need to be. The sand in your hourglass is about to run out.  Now, get the hell away from me."

Bob backs slowly away with a smug look on his face.

Tim tries his best to watch his blurry form.

"Well, well, well." Mark laughs as he walks over to the two lovers. "I am impressed, Timmy Boy."

"Thank you, I take that as a compliment." Tim laughs sitting back down next to Adam.

"Hey. What'd we miss." Austin asks as he, Olena, Chris and Jenika come walking up.

"Oh not much." Mark chuckles. "Just your brother cutting Bob down a few notches."

"I think he actually lost some of his color." Adam smiles.

"You know, I think you're right." Mark says. "He did go a little pale."

"Dang! And we missed it." Austin chuckles.

"They're exaggerating." Tim laughs, shaking his head. "Enough of this. I smell that crawfish cooking and I'm getting really hunger."

"Hattie has got a booth set up, serving Jambalaya and Gumbo." Mark tells them as they all make their way to the food area.

"I don't know about that. I love her cooking and all, but I kinda made her mad at me this morning." Tim smiles. "She's liable to spit in it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE VOTE & LEAVE A COMMENT!!!!