Is this a dream?

Everything finally made sense. This was what the twins were arguing about. Ryan wanted to tell Riley about Shawn and Libby, but Shawn didn't want to. The pieces were finally being put together.

Shawn is the boy Libby is talking to. He is the boy she's getting in with! Riley stared at them in disbelief.

They continued to grope each other, Riley turned her head disgusted. Libby was running her hands through his hair, her brothers hair. Riley shifted uncomfortably and cleared her throat.

Shawn was the first to notice, he turned slowly and stared at Riley. Quickly, he grabbed his hands from the pocket of her jeans and licked his lips.

Libby was still pressed against the wall, her lips puckered. When Shawn didn't kiss her back she opened her eyes. She saw Riley staring at them.

Libby quickly pushed Shawn away and rubbed her lips with her sleeve. Riley clenched her fits and stared at them, looking from one face to another.

"Well..?" Riley spat at them. Angry no one told her that her best friend was dating her brother.
"Me and Libby are um...we are like sorta" Shawn played with the zip of his jumper not looking at his sister.
"Dating, we are dating" Libby clarified.

Maybe Riley was dreaming. She quickly pinched herself, pain spasmed up her arm, nope not a dream.

"When were you guys going to tell me?" The shock had worn off, she was angry now. Ryan whistled and walked to his room. He turned around noticing what was happening, he burst out laughing.

"Not funny dude" Shawn said through gritted teeth.
"No not funny, hilarious!" Ryan slapped his knee and continued to laugh.
"Why didn't you tell me" Riley turned and grunted at him. She pressed her finger hard into Ryan's chest.

"I wanted to baby, but Shawn wouldn't let me" he pulled her finger away.
"Don't call me baby!" Riley screamed.
"Riles I'm sorry, I was going to tell you. I didn't want you to find out like this" Libby opened her arms wanting a hug from her friend, Riley ignored the offer.
"You" she spat "you are meant to be my best friend! We are meant to tell each other everything" she screamed at her, Libby stepped back.

"We were going to tell you, just not now" Shawn shrugged like it didn't matter. Riley scolded him, her expression stern, angry.
"We also didn't tell you because we knew you would act like this" Shawn pointed at her.
"How am I supposed to act!" Riley hissed at him.

Libby stepped closer to Riley, she put a careful hand on her shoulder "be happy that I've finally found love and happiness" she smiled at Riley.

Riley didn't know what to say. Of course she wanted Libby to be happy. That's all she ever wanted for her. But her brother.....her brother! Out of all the people in the world, her brother.

"Riley?" Libby tapped her, Riley quickly crept out of her thoughts and looked at her friend. Riley knew how long Libby had been waiting for a steady boyfriend, Riley smiled at her and nodded.

They walked back to Rileys room. Riley cleansed her face and climbed under her covers. Libby pulled her socks off and jumped into her sleeping bag. The girls stared at the ceiling, no one spoke, the room was silent. Eventually, sleep took control.

Riley woke up the next morning. She rubbed her eyes remembering what happened last night. Riley leaned over her bed to look at Libby, only she wasn't there.

Riley stretched and grabbed her phone, it was 9:27 am. She gently pulled the cover off her body. Silently, she crept over to her wardrobe and grabbed a fluffy pink dressing gown and slippers that matched.

She slowly walked down the stairs. Riley followed the sound of chatter, she ended up in the kitchen.

Libby was there chatting with Charlie, but no sign of Shawn. Riley looked over at Charlie who signalled her to come over. She walked to him and he hugged her, she hugged him back.

"Morning Riley" Libby smiled at her.
"Morning Libby" Riley smiled back.
"What would you like?" Charlie extending his arm out over the food. Riley pointed at the Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes.

Charlie shovelled them up and slid them onto her plate. Riley thanked him and sat next to Libby.
"Listen riles, if you want me to I will break up with Shawn. Our friendship is more important than a boy" she placed her hand on top of Rileys.

Riley smiled at her "no, no it's okay. I want you to be happy." Libby's eyes widened.
"Really? Do you mean it?" Libby head bobbed up and down. Riley laughed at her and nodded.

Libby skipped up and down and pulled Riley into an embrace.
"What did I miss?" Shawn rubbed his messy bed head. Libby let go of Riley and jumped onto Shawn.

He held her tight laughing. Libby kissed him on the cheek and Riley smiled.
"Riley said we can date!" Libby bounced up and down. Shawn pulled away from her and looked at Riley with big eyes, she nodded at him and he grinned.

Riley waved goodbye to Libby as she pulled her bag over her shoulder. Riley watched as Libby skipped into her mums car.

Riley closed the door. Riley felt someone grip around her stomach, she was being lifted up.
"Hey! Put me down!" she yelled not sure which brother picked her up. She heard someone laugh.

They gently placed her down on the sofa. Riley looked up and saw Shawn smiling down at her.
"Thanks baby" he grabbed her cheek.
"Don't call me baby!" Riley grunted and slapped his hand away.

Shawn hugged her "I will look after her, don't worry" he smiled at his little sister.
"She's lucky to have you." Riley hugged him back and snuggled into his shoulder.

"I know how weird it must be for you to see me with your friend" Shawn pulled back.
"It's weird, but nothing's ever been normal around here" she laughed.