{Chapter One}

A/N

This is my first book and I really hope you'll like it!

This part is set before season one.

Enjoy!

-Pop (That's what my friends call me because of an inside joke but It's gonna be my nickname too!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasha's P.O.V

"Sasha.... Sasha! Wake up!"

"No..... I don't wanna go to school today....."

"Sasha..." The voice is now tugging at me, trying to get me to wake up. I slowly open my eyes to see Gene standing in front of me. "We have to train. How are you supposed to train if you're sleeping all day?" He looks annoyed.

"The answer is simple. I don't train, and I sleep all day." He rolls his eyes. "Okay, okay. Leave, I need to change." He leaves my room. I love living in the nether. We each have our own room in the Shadow King's castle, each looking exactly the same as the one before it. Okay, yeah, it's boring. But it's our own! I peek inside my Nether Brick closet and pull out my regular outfit, my black hoodie, dark grey shorts, a white tank top I wear underneath my hoodie, and my grey boots. I change while brushing my hair and hurry out of the castle joining Gene.

"You took forever." He complains.

"Well, you can live forever. Deal with it." I reply playfully. Gene smiles.

"You forgot your sword." I look down to see that he's right.

"Aw, dang it!" I moan. I don't feel like running all the way back to my room.

"I'll go get it for you." Gene offers. Before I can stop him, he runs off to my room. I sigh. Yeah, I'm lazy, but I'm perfectly capable of running to my room. Even If I really don't want to. I start daydreaming when a shadow rushes by.

"Hello?" I call out. No answer. I shrug it off. The sound of footsteps on Netherrack come to my ears. "Gene, I swear, if this is a dumb prank, I'm going to beat you up ten times harder then I normally do in training." I warn. Still no answer. "Gene......"

"Yeah?" I turn around to see Gene standing in front of me. It wasn't him then. I look side-to-side to see if anyone's still there. No shadow or footsteps. "I'm talking to you, Sasha. Who else would I be talking to?"

"No, that's not i-"

"You can tell me later. We need to train." Gene cuts me off, handing me my sword. We practice our skills together, and eventually I have him pinned to the ground with my sword against his hand.

"And..... Now's the part where I slice your head off and win." I gloat. He laughs.

"You really think so?" I nod. "Well how about.... THIS!" He pushes himself up and pushes me down to the floor, pushing his sword against my neck.

"Now I win." Gene shoots back.

"If you weren't my friend, I would have sliced your head off when I had you pinned. So, I still win." I say, getting up.

"Okay, okay, fine. Y-You...You...."

"Say it...." I urge.

"Win." Gene whispers. I hold my hand to my ear, indicating I can't hear him. "Win!" Gene says, but covering the word with a cough. I shake my head. "Win! There I said it. You. Win." I smirk. We train for about thirty more minutes. Not to brag, but I won most of the fights. Okay, I did brag. A lot.

It comes to the point where we're both breathing heavily. "We *pant* should stop now *pant* because I know you can't *pant* handle it." Gene nods. I sit down on a pile of Netherrack and Gene sits next to me. It takes a few minutes for us to catch our breath, but when we do, I start talking.

"I saw something." Gene gasps.

"Oh my Shadow King! You saw something? I'm so jealous, can I have your autograph?" I roll my eyes and smile.

"No, it was like, a shadow. I felt it too. I called out, but no one answered."

"Sasha, you're in the Nether. You're going to see shadows all the time. I would have thought you would have figured this out by now."

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I swing my legs back and forth. There was something indescribable about this shadow. Not exactly bad. Not exactly good either. I want to tell Gene about how I'm feeling, but I don't feel like he'd understand.

"Want to go back inside?" Gene asks. Not like there's really an inside or an inside in the Nether. Only darkness and evil. But I know what he means.

We walk back towards the tower together. The thought of the shadow is still on my mind. Maybe Gene is right. I'm probably overreacting. It's the Nether, so weird things are going to happen. One time I swear a ghast told me "hi" once. Gene keeps telling me it was probably some kind of weird moan, but I still don't believe him. Deep down, I know he's right. About the shadow, I mean. I know I'm right about the ghast. I'm overreacting, and I need to stop thinking about this. This is crazy. I just, I mean, it's a freaking shadow. I'm dumb. I'm so dumb. But am I?

"Sasha? Sasha...? Sasha!" And... I'm back. "Were you listening to anything I just said?"

"Oh yeah, totally!"

"So, you heard me when I called you an ugly butt?"

"You what?"

"Yep. Right before I was calling your name. If you were actually listening, you would have punched me in the nose or roasted me." I sulk. Looks like he got me there.

When we reach the castle, I tell Gene I need some alone time. "Why?" He asks.

"Because your face is too disgusting to bare." I say, then run away quickly to my room before he can follow.

I look outside my window. No sign of a mysterious shadow anywhere. I think a lot, then decide I won't stress out over it unless I see it again. I sit down on my bed and lay my sword against my lap. There are times when it's blood-stained. There are times when it's not. Sometimes I wonder if we're really the bad guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

So yeah! That's the first chapter. Next chapter is coming day after tomorrow. Sorry if it's bad XD

-Pop