Part 45

Seth's point of view;

"You'll be okay Nikki." Kathy says as she bends over to hug and kiss her cheek. Nikki looks beyond nervous. She looks so terrified and I wish I could hug her and tell her it'll be okay.

"Try to be calm." Brie says hugging her. Nikki's avoiding eye contact with me. My head still doesn't comprehend what happened while ago.

Her words keep replaying in my head and I don't think they'll ever stop. My eyes literally filled up with tears. I thought I was going to cry right then and there.

I had never had a girl mean this much to me. I had never fell so hard for a girl. She's everything I want and everything I need.

But she sadly doesn't want me to be a part of her life. "It'll be okay." It's all I say. She ignores my comment and I feel my heart sink. The nurses start rolling down the stretcher down the hall.

Kathy starts crying and my dad hugs her. "Its okay honey. She will be okay." My dad coos. "It's just hard to see her like that." Kathy says as the tears spill from her eyes

"Roman tried to be here but he couldn't." Brie says as I sit beside her. JJ is sitting beside Brandon as my dad is talking to Kathy.

"He's a busy man. He tried though." I say. Brie sighs with a nod. "I know he did. But Seth, has Nicole told you what she's planning to do?"

"No." I reply as she looks at me.  "She wants to move in to my house until she recovers. Roman and I don't mind but we're never there because we're on tour. She's going to be alone all the time. I don't agree with her decision."

"What? What did Kathy say?" It's pretty obvious Nikki wants to stay at Brie's house because of me. She doesn't want me close.

"She doesn't agree with it. But Nicole is stubborn she says if she can't stay at our house she will rent an apartment. She claims she needs alone time."

"But... she's going to need help. And - and that's not fair. Maybe I should move so she can stay." The words slip out of my mouth before I can stop them.

Brie looks at me confused, "What? Why you? I don't get it." She says. "Maybe she wants to be alone because there's too many people at the house."

"That's ridiculous Seth. The house is huge." Brie is right. The house is huge but not huge enough for Nikki not to see me.

"Maybe it's because I'm also recovering. She probably doesn't want two people recovering in the same house."

"No. I think it's because of somebody." Brie whispers as she looks around to see if anyone heard. "Who?" I mumble quietly.

"I don't know. Maybe John. Or that guy she went out with a while ago." That guy is me. I'm sure it is. It must've been that time I took Nikki out to eat.

"She's been acting weird lately. You know? Shes been smiling randomly. Reading Shakespeare quotes. It's just weird."

My mouth forms a smile I can't hide. "Shakespeare?" I ask as my heart skips a beat. "Yeah. She mumbles this quote over and over. Something like I love nothing so well in this world as you. Or something like that."

I do love nothing in the world so well as you. Is that not strange?

"What?" Brie asks as I smile stupidly at the floor. "Nothing. I just remembered something. But if she is talking to this guy why does she want to be alone?"

"I don't know. Maybe things didn't end up like she expected." She says quietly. "Maybe." I whisper. Maybe.

<<••>>

"Hey. Can I see her?" I ask Kathy. She just came out from the room with my dad, JJ, Brandon and Brie.

"Sure. You should've came with us. She would've loved to see the family together." Kathy says as they sit on the waiting area.

"Yeah but I wanted to speak to her alone." At first I'm very nervous about saying it. But I might as well. If they suspect something oh well.

At this point I don't care. "Okay well I think that's a good idea. Seth could stay here with her while we go shower." JJ says. "Oh yeah. Would you do that?" Kathy asks.

"Of course." I say. They gather their stuff and tell me goodbye as they walk out the hospital. "Can I see her?" I ask the doctor.

He nods his head, "Yeah but I just gave her some pain medicine. It might make her drowsy so if she does fall asleep don't wake her up."

I nod my head as I walk to her room. My knees start feeling really weak as I approach the door. My palms are sweating horribly.

When I knock on the door there's no answer. So I slowly open it. Nikki is on the bed with a neck brace on and her eyes are closed.

I make my way to her bed and kneel on the floor beside her. There's soft breaths escaping her nose. She looks so beautiful.

I'm about to touch her face when her eyes open. "I thought you were sleeping." I say as I quickly move my hand away from her. 

"Get out." She says. "Nikki, please I need to talk to you." My voice sounds scared and way too desperate. It doesn't matter because I am desperate.

"I don't need to talk about nothing. Leave." She says. "Nikki why're you doing this? I will literally do anything for you. I'd give you my life, my everything, I just want to make you happy."

"You want to make me happy? Then why don't you leave me alone. Leave me alone and I'll be happy." Her words are like venom to me.

This familiar chest ache spreads through my body. My body starts feeling numb and I start feeling my heart swell up.

"Is that really what you want?" I whisper looking in her eyes. She has no expression on her face. She's just looking at me. Her eyes start shining with watery tears but she quickly blinks them away.

"Yes." She firmly says. "Okay." I say as I feel myself break into pieces. I get up from the floor and walk towards the door.

Before I open it I turn to her. "If you want me to leave the house so you can stay I'll do it." Her eyes are closed once again.

"I'm moving to Brie's house. I want to be alone." She says with her eyes closed. I want to ask her why? Why does she want to be alone? Why is she being this way? What made her change her mind? Is she planning to get back with John?

Instead of asking her I walk out of the room. When I'm out her room I lean against the door closing my eyes with a sigh.

Many people think guys have no feelings. That they don't cry. That they don't break. But that's wrong. Every guy at one point of their life breaks and cries for a girl.

The girl that's breaking me happens to be Nicole Garcia.