Chapter Thirty-one

I threw myself on my bed and let out a monster-sized yawn. I was so glad I didn't have to worry about getting dressed up and going out. Silas was a genius to think of this. I looked down at my clothes and grunted. Or maybe I did need to do something. "Tess!" I waited a minute for her to answer. I knew she wasn't home; she'd told me she was going to be out for the night. I needed her help though. What was I supposed to do now?

          Then I remembered Gabriel. He seemed to have opinions enough for the both of us. I sent him a text with a picture of what I was wearing, asking if I looked okay for a night in.

          Gabriel: Mmm, Trouble. You are hot! And a hot mess. I don't know how you manage to be both, but f*ck me if I'm not right. If it's just a night in... f*ck it. I'll call you.

         Not even a second later, the phone vibrated in my hands. "Hello?" I said as I held the phone to my ear.

         "Trouble, it's FaceTime. All I can see is your ear."

           Facetime? I've heard of this... I pulled the phone away to look at the screen and jumped a bit when I saw Gabriel's face instead of my normal background. "Gabriel! You scared me," I said as I put my hand to my cheek to cover my blush.

          He wiggled his stupid perfect eyebrows at me. I admired the playful gleam in his bright blue eyes. He pushed his lips together and shook his head. "You're adorable. But hush, take me to your closet. We have work to do." I could see his other hand moving as he talked, shooing me to my closet.

          I got up with a huff and walked over to my closet. "Now what?"

          "Turn the phone slowly, and let me take a look at what you have."

          I turned the phone away from me and slowly moved it past the hangers. When I got to the end, he told me to do it again.

          "But you alrea—"

          "Just trust me, alright? This is what I do. This is my job. Why did you call me? Just do it again."

          I chuckled at his little rant as I went over the clothes again.

          "STOP! That top." I jumped and almost dropped the phone.

          "Which top?"

         "The blue one. If I remember right, it has the v neck." I reached out and grabbed the shirt he meant and held it up under my chin. I turned the camera so he could see.

          "Are you sure?" It looked a little too dressed up for a night in. It was just a blue, loose, long sleeved shirt that went down past my butt, but it was something I would have worn to Midori's house for dinner.

          "Yeah. You're just hanging out at home?" I nodded. "Swear to god you're not leaving your dorm?" I nodded again. "That's not enough. I need to hear the words."

          I scrunched up my eyebrows. "I swear I'm staying home."

          "Okay good. Under no circumstances are you ever allowed to leave your house wearing leggings, but for hanging out at home tonight? Wear the dark grey ones."

          I smiled in relief. "You're a lifesaver, Gabriel. Hang on, I'm going to get dressed."

          I set the phone face down on my bed and began peeling off my clothes.

        "You know, Trouble, if you wanted to call me, you didn't need an excuse," I heard him say.

          "It wasn't an excuse! Tess isn't home. I usually ask her about this stuff," I said as I pulled the shirt over my head.