Dating Steps

As the new year rang in, everyone found themselves at exciting points in their lives. Matt and DJ were doing exceeding well with the pet clinic and business was better than ever. Kimmy decided out that she was finally ready to give her and Fernando's marriage another try; this time, there was no backing down and they knew it. As for Stephanie, she felt as if her life was beginning to fall into place and it all began the morning she checked her YouTube channel.

For the first time since coming home with Beth the day she was born, Stephanie had gotten up at a reasonable hour of the day (7:45am). After making Beth a breakfast bottle and spending a peaceful 15 minutes on the couch while she ate, Stephanie noticed her had been filled with countless notifications; all stemming from the same source. YouTube.

Upon unlocking her phone, Stephanie found her YouTube feed flooded with comments and likes on her first video. Some of the comments read:

DJ Tanner is a mom now?! Crazy happy for her!

My favourite DJ is spinning in a new direction! Epic!

Keep them coming! I can't wait to get to know Beth! Congrats :)

+Tanner Time, are you quitting the industry? How could you do this to the party ppl of the universe? So salty :/

Having been a DJ since her early 20s, Stephanie knew to expect some negative feedback for choosing the path to parenthood. The care-free, reckless party-going side of her would have been all over social media trying to validate her decision; fearless against the strong possibility of starting a cyberwar. But the new, responsible and maternal side of her felt that she had made the right choice and didn't owe anyone an explanation. After having been on both sides of a cyberwar in her time, Stephanie knew that if you fought fire with fire you'd eventually get burned; which was a lesson she wanted Beth to learn when it was an appropriate time.

As Stephanie continued to scroll through the comments, there were three that produced the widest smile she had ever felt; something she thought  was only possible through looking at Beth take in the world around her. Three very familiar people must have been scrolling through the internet wondering what was new in the life of the Tanners.

MiaSinclair98: Beth is growing up so fast! Watching her first Christmas was the best gift ever :)

Tristan_Everett24: I've never been more thankful for YouTube!

JHuxleyMusic: I felt like I was right there with you guys. Merry Christmas Stephanie and Beth. Can't wait to see what the new year brings! ;)

Stephanie was overjoyed that her first video had served its initial purpose; which was to provide Mia and Tristan with an inside look into the progress she and Beth were making. But she hadn't realized that it would attract other people as well; especially Jimmy. As she read Jimmy's comment over and over again, she began to anticipate the day that they could see each other again. She had never felt this way about anyone before and she could only dream that he would be the one for her.

Just as the first official week of January came through, Stephanie received a text from  Jimmy regarding their date. He said that he couldn't wait to spend more time with her and Beth. After changing Beth's post-nap time diaper, Stephanie responded by saying that she couldn't wait either. When she asked where they were going, Jimmy said that he wouldn't tell her until they got there. His love for leaving an element of mystery in things was one of the things Stephanie would grow to love about him.

As their day of her and Jimmy's family date drew closer, Stephanie found herself at odds over whether she should tell DJ and Kimmy about it. On one hand, things with Jimmy were fairly fresh and new; telling people could possibly jeopardize or jinx his and Stephanie's chances at something serious. But on the other hand, it was nearly impossible to hide anything from a family as big as hers. So, Stephanie thought that they would all have it find out one way or another eventually.