"There's no competition," he whispered reassuringly in my ear as he softly kissed it. "I prefer sexy, tough ass blondes to slutty, psychotic brunettes," I could feel him smirk.

I giggled, his hot breath tickled. "Killian, stop. That tickles, you dork."

"I am a dork, but I'm your dork," he kissed my jaw sweetly, as he started brushing his fingertips across the exposed skin between my jeans and shirt. His touch made my insides feel like they were on fire. "And that's not about to change."

"Good. It better not," I smiled as I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, as I brought him down to my lips. It was a slow, but ridiculously passionate kiss. We stayed like that for what seemed like forever, until Underbrooke walked by and yelled at us to break it up.

"Miss. Swan and Mr. Jones keep it in your pants and get to class before I give you both detention," he hissed.

"Yes, sir," we both muttered in unison, our cheeks all red with embarrassment. Killian and I walked hand in hand to my 1st period class.

"I'll see you later, baby," he smiled as he kissed me sweetly one more time before heading to his class across the hall. I just sighed happily as I watched him walk away before sitting down at my desk.

God, I loved that boy. Wait, what did I just say? No, no Emma! You can't be thinking like that. You guys haven't even been together for 2 full months, and he'll probably be leaving in July like he's supposed to. Unless, by a miracle, his parents let him stay. But after how controlling he said they were, and how hesitant they'd been about letting him come here in the first place, the odds didn't look to be in our favor.

Was this just me acting like a typical naive and foolish teenage girl? Or was it because Killian was the first boyfriend I've ever had? Both of those things probably factored into it. But I knew the real reason. And it scared the hell out of me.

I'd fallen in love with my adorable dork. I was head over heels in love with Killian Jones. I'd started feeling this way awhile ago, but didn't want to admit it. I'd been so stupid to think I could continue to deny it. Of course I went and fell in love with the foreign exchange student who was only meant to stay here until the end of the school year. Job well done, Emma.

I went and fell for the guy who was going to have no choice but to eventually leave me to go back home. It was the middle of April, I only had a little less than 3 months to be with Killian. That wasn't enough time. But that wasn't even my biggest fear. What if Killian didn't feel the same way? I knew he cared about me, but did he love me? Was he as head over heels for me as I was for him?

What if he wasn't? What if he didn't want to get attached to a girl he knew he'd have to leave behind? If that was the case, he was definitely the smart one of the 2 of us. If I had any common sense, I would've forced myself to not get attached. What the hell happened to my walls, my armor? They were supposed to protect me, and yet they didn't seem anywhere to be found. Killian had knocked them down so quickly it was insane. It's like he just waltzed into my life 1 minute, and the next, he had me completely opened up.

But I knew I couldn't tell him how I felt. I needed to wait for him to say the words first. I was too chicken to take the risk of saying I love you first, and him not being able to reciprocate and say it back.

Ugh! Why did I have to overthink everything? I told myself awhile ago that I was just going to enjoy what was happening now and not freak out about what might happen. Why couldn't I go back to just living in the moment and being happy with Killian?