Chapter Twelve

{Chapter Twelve}

I bounce my foot against the floor nervously and jump, nearly yelping in surprise when Christian drops his hand on my shoulder.

“Dude, calm down. You look ten seconds away from having a stroke,” Christian informs me. I huff and get off the couch then start to pace across the hard wood floors. My boots thump against the finished wood with every step, and the sound is oddly satisfying to my ears and helps me relax a bit.

“What if it's something bad? What's taking him so long?” I demand and run my hand through my hair nervously.

“Jason, it's only been five minutes since he told you he was on his way. It'll take him at least ten minutes to get here, if not longer.” My eyes widen at that and I stop pacing.

“Longer? I can't wait longer.” I whine, running my fingers through my soft blonde hair.
“You know you'll have to wait another ten to twenty minutes for him to actually tell you, right?” Horror floods through me at this and I huff.

“Ugh, why did he have to do this? Is it so hard to tell someone something when they're already out? No, he had to make me wait a whole day, and then he shows up late.” I  grumble and begin to pace more.

“Wow, I don't think I have ever seen you this nervous before. You need to calm down, he isn't late, and whatever he's going to tell you probably isn't that bad,” I stop my pacing to glare at Christian.

“How do you know? What if he's positive? What if that's why he wouldn't go all the way?” I demand. Christian looks at me from his comfy position on my couch, his body lying across it with his feet in my vacant spot.

“If he's positive are you just going to leave him?” He asks. I stare at him in disbelief.

“Of course not,”

“Good. Look, Jay, I'm sure you're overreacting. If it was that serious he would have told you then and there. Now sit down and wait patiently,” Christian orders sternly. I open my mouth to argue but the doorbell thankfully stops me.

“Thank God,” I mutter and make my way to the door, my boots thumping loudly against the hard wood floors all the way there. I open the door and before David can even greet me I pull him into a tight hug.

“Well hi to you, too,” Dave mumbles with a chuckle.

“Hi,” I reply. I continue to hold onto him for a good minute before he pats my back.

“You know, you're going to have to let me go if we're going anywhere,” he informs me but I shake my head in disagreement.

“We could always stay here and I could show you to my bedroom.” I purr. He laughs and pulls away.

“You have a nice house,” he comments, blatantly ignoring my comment.

“My bedroom is nicer,” I reply. I'm not really that desperate for sex—-actually yes I am—-but I'm hoping if it is something like him being positive my prompting to have sex will make him tell me sooner.

“Jay,” he starts and I arch a brow.

“Dave,” I mimic. He rolls his eyes and lets himself in, looking around the barren foyer.

“Your garden needs some work, it's all dead,” he states as he moves towards the kitchen. I follow right behind him after I lock the door.

“I know, maybe you could revive it. Or start a better one. I'm sure you have a greener thumb than I do so you'll be able to make it thrive,” I reply. He nods at this as he enters my kitchen and looks around. From there he moves into the hallway and ends up in the living room where Christian is playing a game on his phone.