Part 1

The day had started like any other for Fairy Tail. Natsu and Gray were fighting, Juvia was stalking Gray, Erza was eating her strawberry cake, Gajeel ended up in the fighting, and Lucy and Levy were talking about books.

While all of the regular activities were happening, Makarov was in his office reading a very disturbing letter.

The letter was a warning sent out to all guilds about an upcoming date. Also known as, The Season.

The Season was a time where every slayer in Fiore would experience a possessive mating ritual. The mating ritual turned friends against each other, and many did not survive during the season. If a slayers mate does die, the slayer goes on a rampage for months, and ends up dying in the end.

Makarov sighed and decided he must tell his guild the news. He walked to the balcony and looked down at his family,all of them were smiling and enjoying themselves.

"Listen up brats!" Makarov yelled, getting the guilds attention. "We have a bad time coming, and I must warn some of you. Any slayer at all must meet me in the basement of the guild tonight. Meanwhile can Lucy, Levy, Mira, Juvia, and Romeo please come see me now. Erza will you guard my door?" Many guild members looked confused, but complied. Erza was guarding the door for Makarov though.

Inside Makarov's office, everyone was shocked at the news.

"You can't resist them during this time, no matter how wrong you think it is. They will get very mad very easily. You can't reject them either. They will not act as themselves, they will act like the voice in the back of their mind. Please, minna, don't fight them." Makarov looked at the group in his office with saddened eyes they too, looked frightened at the news.

Lucy, Levy, Juvia, Mira, and Romeo all looked at each other and gave sad smiles.

"If we must do this, will they ever change back to their normal selves?" Levy asked Makarov.

"Yes, once the month of the Season is over. But they have to do a couple of things first to help speed up the process, and I don't think you will enjoy this." Makarov told them, the girls and Romeo looked nervous.

"Well, that was all I had to tell you brats. Please be careful. The season starts next Monday, which isn't a lot of time." Makarov looked at them, tears in his eyes.

"Now go, I must talk with the boys and Wendy." Makarov left them in his office, nodding at Erza, and continuing on to the basement.

When Makarov entered the basement, all the slayers looked at him.

"My children, a dark time is coming. It's the season." The dragon slayers all froze at Makarov's words.

"No, Gramps. It can't be!" Laxus looked bewildered, and frightened.

Makarov only nodded.

"Please prep yourselves. The season is next Monday, and you could kill someone during this time. Try to caution restraint and be self aware. I know this is hard, but you are scaring your mates." Master had the sad look in his eye again. Gray looked confused.

"Whats the season?" He asked stupidly. Natsu gaped at him.

"The season! You don't know the season! Its a time where any slayer turns into a hormonal rampaging death machine that wants only two things. Mates and death to those who have ever hurt or even think about hurting whats theirs. Some slayers have even accidentally killed their mates! Its a bad time!" All the slayers shook at Natsu's words.

"I don't wanna hurt the shrimp!" Was all that Gajeel said. Others started saying the same thing, only about their mates.

"Then you all know what you must do." Was all Makarov said as he left the slayers in the basement to make a safety plan for their mates.