"ya've always been picky," he chided, grinning.

I huffed. "Like you would eat it," I signed while rolling my eyes.

Ignoring Sans, I glanced at my sticky fingers. I wasn't about to wipe them off on my dress. Using my feet, I kicked the covers off and pushed them away from me. Swinging my legs over the bed, I stood up and was about to head over to the bathroom but then stopped. Remembering today's earlier incident, I glanced over at the IV stand in disdain. I could use it for support as I walked along, however that would mean getting pie all over the stand.

Sans's POV:

"need a lil help, kiddo?"

Frisk turned her attention over to me.

"I'm not a kid and I can handle it myself, thank you." She signed, clearly annoyed.

"ya sure? i dun wanna encroach on yer indepiedence n' all, but according ta tori, tha doctors said yer not s'posed to walk yet. at least not without help." I gave her a knowing look which was met with a sigh of frustration. I chuckled as she muttered "Tattletales," under her breath.

"Fine," She signed. "Why don't you use your magic to carry me to the bathroom? That way I won't get pie on you."

I winced a little at that.

"i dunno if yer soul can handle that right now."

and i can't do anything ta help her with that, I thought glumly. My healing magic was pathetic. If I tried, I just might make it worse. Papyrus on the other hand... I watched Frisk's expression fall as she cast her gaze downward.

"dun feel so down, frisk. fer now, lemme help ya ta tha bathroom. and maybe papyrus can help with yer soul predicament when he gets up here."

Frisk's head shot up, her facial expression curious. I walked over to her and grabbed the IV stand with my right hand.

"put yer right arm around my waist," I directed.

"But my fingers," she vocalised.

"i'll be fine, sweetheart. nothing some soap and water can't fix."

Once Frisk did as I asked, I slipped my left arm around her waist to support her better. I felt her stiffen and looked at her concerned.

"ya okay?"

She merely nodded turning her head away from me, hair covering her face.

"alright, Hun. les go nice and steady now."

We crossed the room in a slow manner, getting there step by step. After we had gone forward a few feet, I felt Frisk's legs give out as she sank some and her arm tightened around my waist. I felt my cheek bones flush slightly as I hoisted her back up with my left arm and adjusted her back into be original position.

"I'm fine," She mumbled.

Making no comment, we continued on until we made it to the bathroom. I loosened my grip around her waist and she let go of mine. I stepped away, confident she could wash her hands on her own. In the mirror, I could see a blush had risen in Frisk's cheeks. I was sure that was probably because of the exertion of energy it took to make it to the bathroom. The blush was made more pronounced due to the pink dress she was wearing. I smiled to myself. Frisk in a pink dress? must be toriel's doing, I thought. It looked good on her. The dress was simple, hugging her tiny frame with the skirt slightly flared out. I felt my blush return and jumped slightly when Frisk tapped my arm.

"N-Now's not the time to be daydreaming, skeleton," Frisk teased.

Her voice sounded shaky but I again passed it off to tiredness. Besides her dislike for talking. As we headed back, I tripped over the IV stand, sending the both of us crashing down to the floor. I let go of the stand, wrapping both arms around Frisk and used my magic on my soul to stop us from falling. I looked into her eyes. A swirling storm of ocean blue greeted me. Our faces we very close and my breathing hitched. Before I could do anything stupid, I used my magic to make us upright and helped her to the bed.

"ya okay, sweetheart?" I asked.

Frisk simply nodded and sat down on the edge of the bed, but didn't let go of me. Giving her an odd look, I sat down next to her. I was surprised when she leaned her head down on my shoulder. My blush hadn't gone away and it now intensified. Her eyes closed as she sank her body weight into me.

"what's up, sweetheart?"

"I'm tired, Sans," she whispered.

"i would imagine so..."

Instinctively, I began to stroke her hair, running it through my phalanges. While it seemed impossible, given my anatomy, I could feel that her hair was soft. Frisk simply sighed and leaned in closer. I gazed absentmindedly around the room, enjoying the peacefulness of the moment.

"Sans, I—"

Before Frisk could finish her sentence, someone knocked on the door. We both jumped and quickly untangled our arms from the others waist. Frisk scooted over some, using the IV tube to pull the stand over a bit. Considering how we were positioned, the IV being next to me, the movement caused the IV stand to tip over, hitting me on the head. I muttered a few unintelligible things as I righted the stand and moved it around me to where Frisk was now seated near the foot of the bed.

"Sorry," Frisk giggled a little.

"that wasn't funny," I mumbled. The door opened revealing Papyrus with a gift bag in tow.

"SANS, HUMAN! I HEARD A THUD, IS EVERYTHING OKAY?"

I chuckled.

"all good, pappy,"

"The IV stand just fell onto Sans is all," Frisk signed.

"OF COURSE. ONLY SANS WOULD BE SO CLUMSY,"

"it wasn't my fault!" I protested, smiling at my bro.

"WHATEVER YOU SAY, BROTHER." Papyrus turned his attention to Frisk. "HUMAN, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAS BROUGHT YOU A GIFT!"

Frisk smiled and took the gift bag from Papyrus's outstretched hands. After setting the gift down on her lap, she signed thank you and opened the bag. She pulled out a cyan blue scarf with which she promptly proceeded to wrap around her neck.

"I love it, Pappy!" She signed, smiling.

"OF COURSE, YOU DO. AFTER ALL, WHO COULD NOT LOVE A GIFT FROM THE GREAT PAPYRUS? AND NOW YOU LOOK AS AWESOME AS I DO!"

Frisk and I both laughed, nodding our heads in agreement.