Chapter 22)

PLEASE READ: I know most of you may not but for those who do: My school holidays finish today and so I'll be going back to school tomorrow for two weeks. Year 12's only go back for two weeks so they can come back in November for exams. Thankfully I have no exams but I am incredibly busy, however. I have assignments due in before school finishes, I have to help clear out my old house that we've sold and I graduate at the end of those two weeks. I've also got a job interview lined up next week and if I get the job, then when I leave school, I'm also going to be busy. I don't know if I'll get it but for my sake, I'd like to get it to help me earn my own income instead of relying on my parents. I'm not saying I don't appreciate that "PLEASE UPDATE" comments because I do, I really do. They make me feel like people are actually enjoying my book but I just needed to explain this so people aren't too upset with me for not updating. I promise I will be trying to squeeze it in but if I'm unable to update in a while, then I am incredibly sorry.

***************************************

RECAP

TRISTAN:

"Do you know about her?" he asked, breaking me out of my thoughts. I stared at him, my eyebrows furrowed together tightly.

"Why is everyone asking me that? What's wrong with her?" I grumbled angrily. His eyebrow raised but he didn't say anything except answer the phone. I grunted, my fists folding and unfolding.

"Will someone please tell me what the fuck is wrong with Lyric?!" I shouted, letting my emotions getting the better of me. The whole room fell silent and all eyes were on me. My face flushed but my chest was heaving up and down, my jaw tightened.

Skye wandered over to me, a hesitant look etched deep into her features. She placed a reassuring hand on my arm, her eyes displaying a different range of emotions. She let out a heavy sigh.

"Tristan, Lyric's over two months pregnant."

LYRIC:

Suddenly, his eyes swept down to my stomach, his eyebrows pinching together.

"I didn't want to believe it," he murmured, pressing a hand gently against my stomach. I sucked in a breath, my lips curling up slightly.

"Who was it?" he asked, looking back up to me. I pursed my lips, looking away.

"Lyric, who was it?" Spencer pressed more firmly, standing up straighter.

"I-I don't know! He has a scar down the side of his face and evil eyes," I yelped out. Spencer's body went rigid as realisation crossed over his features.

"Spencer?" I asked timidly. His body posture only went more rigid as he turned to face the door slightly.

"Go and sit back down on the bed, girls," he told us in a tone I'd never heard him use before. I flinched but didn't move, neither did Dylan.

"Spencer? What's going on?" Dylan demanded firmly, pulling me closer to her. He took a deep breath, shaking his head.

"Get to the bed, now!" We jumped back, sitting down on the edge of the bed. We shared a nervous look but quickly scrambled back when the door slammed open, hitting the wall with a loud bang.

There, in all their glory, was an evil smiling Smokey and a dangerous looking Rowan on crutches.

********************************

As if on instinct, which in my case it was motherly instinct, my hands flew to my stomach in a protective stance.

Dylan tugged on my hoodie to pull me backwards, the both of us shuffling along the bed. Once we were 'safely' standing on the other side she, too, pressed a hand against my stomach, the other on the small of my back.