Chapter 8)

*Tristan's P.O.V.*

I tried my hardest not to let her words affect me but for some reason, they did. It pained me that that's what she thought of me. I cleared my throat and clapped my hands to get everyone's attention. They all sat on the floor, on chairs, on couches, each other, well, you get the point. 

"Listen, Michael Love hasn't paid us for the equipment we've given him," I started. Most of the gang groaned in anger and I kept a blank face. 

"You know what you have to do. You have to find his gang. You have to find them and kill them," I finished. The gang nodded like it was a normal thing. Well, it was. A weird noise broke the tension and our head snapped over towards the stairs. All the air left my lungs. How much did she hear? 

"Lyric," I breathed out softly. She was frozen to the spot. She broke out of her trance, shook her head and stared at me in clear fury. Sure, I was a gang leader but her glare was harsh. 

"I forgot to mention something about you that I don't like: you're a monster," she all but hissed before walking over everyone and out the door. She had called me a monster with so much venom. 

"Lyric!" I called out. It was too late. I'd told the gang about her staying here and for some reason; they'd already taken a liking to her. They all called out to her but she didn't respond. Either she was too far away or she was purposely ignoring us. I have a strong feeling it's the second one. 

I ran out the door and looked around frantically. I saw her retreating figure and decided against running after her. I would just walk behind her slowly unless she gets into trouble. I watched as she walked into the a little café and I stayed back but close so that I could keep a clear view of her. 

She had a little interaction thing with the waitress and her hands landed on her stomach while staring at the lady. I couldn't see the lady because machines were covering her but whatever she was doing, I was glad. She was making my girl laugh. 

Your girl? I mentally slapped myself. She's not mine. That near kiss didn't mean anything. At all. Lyric sat down at a table in the back and pulled out her phone. She smiled sadly as she stared at something. 

Keep telling yourself that. I shut up my stupid mind but tensed when I saw someone walk into the café. Rowan. He walked in and walked right over to Lyric. She looked startled when she saw him and shrunk back in his seat. I took that upon myself to walk inside. I sat in an empty booth that was out of their view but in hearing range. 

"So, why're you here?" Rowan asked. He was dangerous and I really disliked him being around her. 

"Having breakfast," she replied in a sass tone. I nearly laughed. She's got guts; I'll give her that. 

"You're feistier than when we first met," Rowan replied smoothly. My body went rigid. She shouldn't have met him like that. Hell, she shouldn't even have met him. 

"And you're here talking to me, why?" She sounded so nervous and it took everything in me not to stand up and beat that guy into a pulp. She already hated me and was scared of me. It wouldn't be all that good to make her terrified of me. 

"I need you to give a message to Tristan," he spoke through a tight voice. His voice has darkened and came out threatening. 

I can't go over yet. Not yet. 

"N-No. Give it to him yourself. I don't speak to that," she hissed. Ouch. That stung more than it should have. I shook out my out of my thoughts when he bashed his fist against the table. I took that time to stand up and slowly start to walk over to them. They didn't seem to notice me.