Chapter 11)

The picture above is a picture of what Tristan looks like. I've uploaded the same picture to chapter 4 today when I saw that there was no picture there. For some reason, some of my pictures on my stories have been disappearing and so I uploaded a new picture of Tristan. Next chapter will be what Skye looks like. AND ALSO PLEASE READ THIS BIT AS WELL. I WAS READING MY CHAPTERS AND REALISED THAT I'D FORGOTTEN ABOUT KIARA AND SO I DECIDED TO CHANGE KIARA'S NAME TO SKYE, OKAY? AND SKYE DOESN'T HAVE A PIXIE CUT ANYMORE. ...I really need to edit this book.

************

~Tristan~

Mom, Skye, and Lyric had been out for a fair while. I'd asked dad when they'd gone but he tensed up and shooed me out of his office. I grumbled in reply and walked back downstairs. Adam and Brent were in the kitchen and so I sat down at the table, picking at Brent's food, to which he slapped my hand. 

"Where's Skye and Lyric?" I asked them. I looked to Adam but he kept his head down in whatever book he was currently reading. I rolled my eyes. Figured I wouldn't get a response out of him. 

Slowly, but surely, a smirk made its way onto my lips as I turned to Brent. I heard Adam place his book down when he realised my intentions. 

"Brent, where's Skye?" I asked. I'd always known he had a crush on my little sister for as long as Brent and I had been friends. My umber eyes watched him squirm in his seat. His eyes snapped over to Adam, who was giving him a silent look, before looking back down to his lunch. 

"I, er," he stumbled over his words and my eyebrow arched as I watched him. 

"Brent," Adam warned in a tone I'd never really heard before from him. Brent sucked in a breath and clamped his mouth shut. I let out a groan and let my head fall onto the table. 

I didn't mean to but I hated not knowing things. Lyric hadn't even been staying with us for very long and yet, there was something about her I couldn't shake. 

Suddenly, the front door open. I heard some shuffling and then some voices. My head slowly raised and looked out the door. 

"Just go lie down, Lyric, okay?" Came a soft voice that belonged to my sister. Skye was met with silence as I heard someone walking up the stairs. We had all noticed how Lyric had really come out of her shell. Not to everyone, no. She hadn't said two words to me since her last outburst. 

I then felt a sudden anger pass through me and I don't know why. I stood up abruptly, receiving startled looks from Brent and Adam, and stalked to where Lyric was. 

"Listen, she may be your friend but she's my sister. Treat her with some respect," I hissed as I grabbed her forearm. I felt her tense up under my touch and freeze where she was standing. 

Mom placed a hand on my shoulder, gripping it tightly but I didn't let the girl in front of me go. Lyric slowly turned around and I was slightly shocked to be met with glossy eyes. 

"Please let me go," she whispered softly, her voice wavering at the end of her words. I stared down at her with a blank face before finally letting her go. I watched as she quietly walked up the stairs to her room with Skye in tow, Skye throwing me a nasty look as she did so. 

I knew from then on out that I needed to avoid Lyric to the best of my abilities. She wasn't my problem and I wasn't hers. 

However, that thought didn't settle with me well. 

************

~Lyric~ 

I silently shut the door to my room. Skye had walked to me to my room after apologising profusely for her brother's behaviour and left to go back to her room. But I couldn't hear her. All that was running through my mind were Hailey's words to me at the clinic.