27 ~Pitch Black~

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

"Hold up," Hiccup broke away from the hug.

"What now?" Merida groaned, her shoulders drooped and a frown on her face.

"How do we find Pitch exactly?" Hiccup asked.

Everyone exchanged puzzled looks; Jack to North, North to Bunny, Bunny to Tooth, Tooth to Jack... and again.

"I don't really--"

"Wisp!" Merida exclaimed, interrupting Jack's sentence. She frantically pointed at a single floating blue flame.

"You think a wisp knows the way?" Rapunzel asked.

"Yes," Merida nodded with most certainty.

"You think a wisp knows the way," Hiccup rolled his eyes, having disbelief in Merida's confidence.

"Yeah," Merida placed her hands on her hips, "After all, what would that be doing here?" She pointed behind Hiccup.

All attention turned to the small floating blue flame that seemed to whisper with a child's voice. There was a single wisp and Merida approached it slowly. It disappeared a trail appeared. The redhead turned to Hiccup with an "I told you so" expression on her face.

"What are those?" Tooth asked, fascinated.

"These are wisps. It is said that they will lead you to your fate," Merida replied.

"And you seriously trust that this trail leads to Pitch?" Hiccup still doubted her.

Merida replied with a shrug. "Who knows where they go? They lead me to you guys. That was obviously a good thing," she said in a smile.

"Let's go, then," Jack said, walking towards Merida with Rapunzel tagging along.

"Onwards!" Rapunzel cheered.

The Guardians exchanged looks again, and after, they followed the trail. Jack lead the way, followed by Rapunzel, Tooth, Bunny, Hiccup and Toothless.

Merida was about to take off as well, but North called her. "If we are going to fight, you would need this," he takes out a familiar bow and a quiver of arrows out of the sleigh.

"My bow and arrows?" She whispered, wide-eyed, as she took it from North's hands.

North chuckled and she beamed. "You're going to need them," he said.

Merida nodded in agreement, now with more confidence than before.

They both caught up with the rest of the group who were standing in a part of the forest with no trees. Above them was a cloud of black sand, shielding the ground from the moon's light. Merida approached Hiccup to ask a question, but--

"Obviously Pitch's doing," Hiccup said before Merida could even ask.

"Well, where is that Boogeyman?" She looked around.

"Looking for me, princess?" The eerie voice echoed from above the clouds.

They looked up to see the dreaded Pitch Black, looking down at them. "What a pleasant surprise! It's nice of you to stop by and watch me have the last hurrah," he chuckled.

"This conversation is feeling very one-sided," Hiccup muttered.

Pitch glared at him. "You think you're so clever, viking boy? Couldn't even kill a dragon like you're supposed to," He said cockily, "Coward,"

Hiccup felt as if arrows shot through his heart, but he did not falter. He leered at Pitch with Toothless by his side, growling at the figure.

Pitch scoffed, "You can't defeat me," he said, "You're already too late,"