19 ~To Danger~

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

Merida wandered aimlessly around Berk when she escaped her mother's field of vision. Luckily, she still had her bow and arrow in case something or someone attacked her. She arrived in the arena which she thought was empty.

Apparently, it wasn't.

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

"You are wise to seek help from the world's deadliest weapon," Tuffnut approached Hiccup. When the lanky Viking showed signs of confusion, Tuff clarified himself, "It's me," he said.

He was shoved away by Snotlout, who excitedly expressed his thoughts on their upcoming task with his fists next to his face. "I love this plan!" He said.

"I don't..." Hiccup said as Snotlout was being shoved away.

"You're crazy!" Ruffnut shouted at Hiccup's face. She glanced back and began leaning forward, with Hiccup leaning backward.

"I like that," Ruffnut whispered, inching closer to Hiccup.

Astrid approached and dragged Ruffnut away. Hiccup sighed in relief. "What is the plan?" Astrid asked.

"We are going to ride dragons and help the others," Hiccup answered proudly. He soon struggled to open the door to the den, but he successfully did so. He held his hand out to calm the first dragon in there. He walked back slowly and out of the dark came a red Monstrous Nightmare. It was the same one from the fight. Hiccup neared the other recruits and took the hand of one of them.

"Wait! What're you--" Snotlout said fearfully.

Hiccup hushed as he slowly went behind Snotlout and placed the raven-haired viking's hand on the dragon's snout. The dragon did not have any violent reactions to this and so, Snotlout chuckled excitedly.

Hiccup quickly went to a nearby crate, "You guys are gonna need something to hang on," he said as he pulled out some rope. He gave one to each of them and also helped them with their dragons.

Snotlout named his red Monstrous Nightmare Hookfang. Astrid received a blue Deadly Nadder that she named Stormfly. Fishlegs got a bronze Gronckle he called Meatlug. The Thorston Twins had the Hideous Nightmare, naming each of the heads Barf and Belch.

Hiccup taught them the basics of dragon riding, which they surprisngly learned quickly.

All this time, none of them noticed the princess watching them train.

"Let's go, guys. We should get there as soon as possible," Hiccup said as he rode Stormfly with Astrid behind him.

"Wait!!" Merida called out from the audience area and ran towards the entrance of the arena.

"Merida...?" Hiccup quickly went down from the blue dragon and ran to her direction as well.

They met and Merida gave Hiccup a quick hug. "Take me with ya," she said as she let go.

"Are you kidding me? No. It's too dangerous for you," Hiccup rejected.

"I can fight better than you, fishbone. If it's dangerous for me, it's morr dangerous fer you," Merida placed her hands on her hips.

"You're the princess. You're important. Significant. Me? I'm just a good-for-nothing Viking who is defying the law. If anything, you should be sueing us or something," Hiccup stated, "You're not going with us," he started to walk away.

"You're right. I am the princess. Everyone expects a lot from me," Merida spoke. Hiccup stopped in his tracks, "But ya know what? I'm just as bad as you when it comes to making yer people proud of you. I want to do something to prove to them that I am more than just a princess,"