25 ~Shedding Light~

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Jack struggled to get the Night Mare off of him. They continued to bash through the woods. No tree nor boulder stopped them.

At one point, Jack was able to freeze half the Mare's body, thus immobilizing it. Jack broke free and decided to freeze it entirely.

While he was readying to attack, the remaining unfrozen black sand whirled about, forming the Boogeyman himself. He lunged himself at the Winter Spirit, strangling Jack and pinning him to a rock wall.

"You want to know what it is you did? You want to know what you did that caused these three children to end up the way they are; lost, afraid and defenseless?" Pitch shouted, "You interfered. This is not your fight and yet you chose to fight it. This is between me and the Guardians and if you want to save your skin, stay out of it. Before I make you,"

Pitch tightened his grip, choking Jack. "You're wrong," he struggled to speak, "When you... when you took Rapunzel... y-you dragged me into this! I don't care if this fight... doesn't involve me. You are threatening the children... of this world... and if that means... threatening my friends as well... then it's most definitely my fight as well!"

Jack kicked Pitch away with both his feet. Distance between them was created, giving Jack time to retaliate. With his staff, he froze Pitch in his place.

"I'm telling the Guardians what I saw," Jack jumped, flying off. However, for some reason, he could not get last a certain point.

"What...?" Jack mumbled. Pitch chuckled.

"Think you're so great that you can save your friends..." the grim voice said, "You can't save them. Not in the state you're in,"

"My state? I'm alive. I'm awake. How can I not?" Jack leered at him.

Pitch laughed. "Poor, stupid Jack Frost. I thought you'd realize it by now," the ice broke and Pitch floated towards the sprite.

Pitch spoke in a dark, low voice. "You're in a dream, the same as they are. They will be stuck here, in this nightmare that never ends. And so will you,"

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Hiccup looked out the window. "Where is he...?" He muttered to himself.

He was waiting for Jack. He did say to wait for him in the cottage, but Hiccup was waitinf for what felt like hours.

Hiccup tended to his lamp, making sure that the light would not die. He groaned.

"That's it," Hiccup stood up, impatient. He went out the door.

The first thing that greeted him was Toothless in an offensive position. Toothless roared and charged at Hiccup. The viking, in turn, flung the door open, went in and slammed it shut.

"What is wrong with everyone!?" Hiccup shouted. Toothless was still trying to get in through the door.

Hiccup sighed. He leaned on the door and slowly slid down to sit on the floor. "Another way out..." he muttered.

"You can't prove that you're strong," an eerie voice echoed. It caught Hiccup's attention.

"Wh-who's there?" Hiccup muttered. He slowly took one of his inventions; the 2-in-1 shield and bow and arrow.

"You're just one, pathetic boy," the voice chuckled grimly. The windows of the cottage suddenly shattered, allowing a bunch of dragons to get in, "I expect you to know me,"

"Well, I don't," Hiccup stated, "So... mind telling me who you are now?"

All the dragons slowly approached him, their eyes only showing the intent of an attack.