chapter 10

-with Astrid-

It was half way thought the month they were suppose to stay for the team competition when Astrid began to get these ransomed nausea feelings throughout her stay. Shes been taking some medicine and also taking her temperature in case she was coming down with something. Nothing. The thermometer always showed that she had her normal temperature. So what was it? Was she feeling home sick or was it the nerves of the competition?

"strange" she thought, "shouldn't it be my team feeling the pressure and nerves of the competition". Luckily they only had one more team to go up against and they were finished she could finally go back home to her daughter and husband and her normal life at home.

As if right on cue her phone rang, it was from Hiccup, she picked it up, it was a video, she opened it and the video was of the time Hiccup, Aera, Jack, and Emily were at the ice rink. How she missed at that moment to be back at home, the moment was gone when she had to run to the restroom once again. She was staying at her friend Fiona's house good thing for her since she hardly knew the place.

Astrid meet Fiona when she and her team were going out to one of the nearby coffees, practically the only place she new since it was one of the places she went with Hiccup during their honeymoon, Fiona gladly offered to help, so she offered Astrid and her team a place to stay at a hotel nearby and Astrid took up living for a while at Fiona's place which was right next door to the hotel her team was staying at.

"Astrid are you OK, are you feeling sick again?" Fiona asked from the other side if the room door.

"Yeah but it's fine I probably got a little food poisoning that's all"

"Are you sure? Maybe we should take you to the doctor just to be in the safe side".
"Alright, let me just call and cheek if someone can fill in for me as coach"

"Alright then, meet me down stares when your ready to go"

"OK"
--------------------------------------------------
They reached the doctor and Astrid was seated in one of the rooms. The nears came in and told her she was only going to take some blood samples to run some testes, that was pretty much it, its the easiest way to see what diseases one has the nears told her, she left ran the tests then came back with the diagnosis.

Moments later she came out of the room to Fiona that was waiting for her in the waiting room.
"so what did the nears say?"
Astrid just looked at her.
----------------------------------------------
-with...well at Berk-

Hiccup and the others just came back from Stoicks at the office, he just needed help on the meetings that were made with another business while Hiccup was running the company, he just needed a heads up on who was coming and who he was meeting with.

When they got home Hiccup went to sit, the girls went to play, and Jack was in the kitchen. Toothless came by and right behind him followed stormfly barley having the strength to walk. She wasn't at all overly overweight it wasn't even very noticeable but it was it Hiccup had to go and cheek what was wrong with her.

"Hey Jack, I'm gonna take Stormy to the vet"

"Oh I'll come with" he said coming out from the kitchen.

"Alright, girls I'm taking stormfly to the vet want to come or do you want to stay with grandma!"

"we'll come with you!"

They got in the van Hiccup helped Stormfly on and Toothless made his way also to the van. The girls were put in their seats, Hiccup went to the drivers seat and Jack was about to go to the passengers seat when he looked to the widow and saw Toothless had already beat him to it.

"Hey Hiccup where am I suppose to go? " Jack asked.

"um... In the back", Hiccup responded.

"but stormfly's already laying down in the back, there's no space" Jack said, looking to the backseat.

"then in the way way back, just lay down, I don't have time for the cops to stop me again" Hiccup said.

"again?"

"just go and lay down in the back"

"what do you mean again?"

"I'll tell you when we come back" was all Hiccup said, Jack went to the back, layed down and they were headed to the vet.

On arriving Hiccup was taken in along with Stormfly.

"so what's the problem?" the doctor said.

"she's been eating a whole lot at first I thought it was just her stress eating because her owner left in business trip, but then three weeks past and she continued eating a lot and we'll I thought it was finally time to get her checked"

"do you have any other dogs?" The Dr asked.

"yeah a male" Hiccup responded.

"has he picked up this habit as well?"

"no"

The doctor then turned to Stormfly.

"you say this ones a female right?"The Dr asked again and Hiccup nodded.
"well I'll run some tests on her and come back to you with the results in a bit" he left the room and returned with some test tubes to take blood from stormfly then left. Hiccup went back to the waiting room with the others, the girls were seated across from them watching a movie on Hiccups, more like Aera's, tablet.
"you've been stopped by the police before?" Jack asked as Hiccup sat down.
"yeah but that was, I think it was a month before you left back to Burgess, it was when me and the gang were around eighteen, you know those troubled teen years and--" Hiccup was cut off when one of the vets called his name and had stormfly on one hand held by a leash and in her other hand she had stormfly's diagnostics.
"well Wat's wrong with her doc?" Hiccup asked taking stormflys leash.
"well she's perfectly fine"
"fine how is overly eating for nearly three weeks fine "
"well you see... Do you know if this has been going on longer than you know "? Hiccup shook his head.
"well let's just say you can expect some puppies in the near future"
"how long has she been like this"
"Ohhohoh for a long time, long enough for you to expect the delivery within this week or the next, what I could tell you is to just let this be and let nature do what it has to do, everything will be fine" she finished.
"and that's all?"Hiccup asked
"that's all" she said and wished him good luck then left. Hiccup walked back with Stormfly and the others to the van.
"what did she say?" Jack asked
"what's wrong with stormy daddy?" Aera asked, Emily listened patiently.
Hiccup faced Jack then faced the girls.
"Stormfly.... Is going to have puppies! "
There was a slow smile forming on the girls lips and they then began to squeal in excitement.
Hiccup then faced back to the front as the girls continued their excitement in the back.
"so how long until..." Jack asked.
"about a week or two" Hiccup answered.
"wow"
"yup"
Then they headed back home, hopefully she wont be ready the same day as jacks game which is in two weeks, hiccup thought.
--------------------------------------------------
See you all next time, not many chapters left for this ff, bye for now.