Goodbyes

You had succeeded in saving Luffy, and all started to train together. Then, one day, Ace proclaimed the three boys take the "Oath of Brotherhood", where they each took a sake cup, said magic words, and magically became brothers. You, on the other hand, were made to be not the sister, but Ace's Girlfriend. Everyone seemed to be expecting the news, all, of course, except dim-witted Luffy, who seemed ecstatic for you and Ace, asking tons of questions which neither of you wanted to answer. The months passed in a happy, love-filled haze. You and Ace stole kisses and make-out sessions whenever possible, and Sabo making the more the merrier, for he kept buying time, taking Luffy to other places, Leaving you and Ace with a surplus of alone time. And, as you built your tree house, you each took each other from labour for a few seconds of stolen passion.

         The tragedy came a month after you finished the upgrades to the tree house, when your world went black once again. You all were confessing your dreams one day, Luffy wanted to be King of the Pirates, Ace, a well known and powerful Pirate, you, of course, the same as Ace, and Sabo, He came forward with a rather big secret he was hiding from you all, Sabo was a nobleman, born into nobility and arranged to wed a stranger. He told you all he wanted was to be free. You all decided to start your journeys when you were 17, exactly four years from now.

         But Sabo couldn't wait that long. There was a Tenryuubito coming in a few days, and Sabo was taken by those damned Bluejam pirates. You, Ace, and Luffy were put through the task of laying boxes around the Grey Terminal that, unbeknownst to you, were all explosives. When everything went to hell, you were with Luffy, protecting him. You took him to the house, and tied him up to ensure he wasn't going to follow you. You then went to go find and save Ace. The flames were higher than you thought possible when you came back to the last place you saw Ace, thinking you could help him battle the others. So, without a second look, you leapt into the flames, screaming his name to the smoked-out heavens.

     You nearly passed out from inhaling too much smoke when you found him, bloody and carrying Dadan on his shoulders. His face lit up, then was cast in shadows upon seeing your battered and bruised state. "(y/n), what are you doing here, you could get killed!" "And so could you! You think I don't care if you live or die, Ace!?" you screamed, enraged at the thought of him dying in your place. You both took Dadan into the house then, a crying and worried Luffy greeting you at the door, the rest of them carrying and starting to care for Dadan. Not even a full day afterwards, Dogra came with the worst news of all, Sabo had been shot down and killed by the Tenryuubito as he finally got free of this island that trapped him and lived his life for him. Sabo was killed before he got his first taste of his dream, Freedom.

A Burden of Heartजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें