How You Met Ace (Continued)

You took time to recover, and during that time, you got to know the goings-on in the little house where Ace and Sabo lived. They even brought you with them in a few of their expeditions. A few months passed, your relationship with the boys growing ever closer, and, though he tried to hide it, you could see Ace cared for you more than he would say, for whenever you looked his way he scowled and looked away, and Sabo looked curiously between the two of you, indicating this wasn't his normal reaction to human interaction. As you learned to kill things for food, the nightmares seemed to stop. You and Ace often had to go on adventures alone, because Sabo had "other things to do" so your bond was stronger.

     You and Ace had one bad night, however, as you overheard Dadan telling someone she was "Housing two spawns of Satan himself; One, a full-blooded killer, a whole town's blood on her hands, and the other with bad blood in his veins, destined to follow in the girl's footsteps." You both sat staring at each other after going into a separate room. "So..." Ace started, as Sabo strode in, going silent at the rage and hurt that was almost palpable in the room. "What'd you do, (y/n)?" Sabo asked after Ace and you filled him in. And you told them.

       "And I still have nightmares about it. Nothing will get those images, those screams, out of my head. Nothing." You said as you dropped your head in your hands in defeat and pain. Sabo silently hugged you as you cried for the first time since meeting them. "I'm the son of Gol D. Roger." Ace confessed, quietly, as if he hoped no-one would hear him over the sound of you sobbing. You stopped crying and looked up to see him staring straight at you."W-What?" you asked. "I'm the son of Gold Roger." he said again, and you didn't know weather to laugh or cry. You opted for the former, and burst into a fit of laughter. After a while, Ace joined in. "Wait, why are you two laughing?" Sabo said, confused. "Our lives are SO fu**ed up!" You both said at the same time, still laughing. After a few seconds of this, Sabo let a mischievous grin spread across his face. "Um, Ace, could we talk for a moment?" he said pulling him away, still wearing that grin. "Uh, sure?" Ace said, still chuckling. You wandered off through the house, wondering if it was possible your assumptions were correct, that Ace could be developing... certain feelings for you.