I Know You Love Him

They slowly broke their kiss, whishing that it had lasted longer. Suddenly, the front door flew open, Arthur quickly turned around to see who had entered, to find Gwen there. "There's an assassin after Arthur!" Gwen said, panic in her voice. Suddenly, a fast flying object flew through the air from the winder, everyone watched in shock as the quick object came flying towards Arthur. Before Arthur had the time to even think about moving, Merlin had moved him out the way, now because of the speed the object was flying, Merlin shouldn't have been able to tough Arthur, but not only did he push Arthur out the way, Merlin was able to catch it within the palm of his left hand.

Arthur, Gwen and even Merlin himself, didn't know how he did it, but right now they didn't care. Gwen opened the door and looked to her right then her left to find a man being chased off by some knights. "That was the assassin." Merlin stated in slight fear as he looks at the object in his hand.

"How can you be sure? It might have just been a stone." Arthur stated, trying to make sense of what happened. Merlin gave the object to Arthur, and both Gwen and Arthur sore it was a small arrow.

"Careful, the head of the arrow has been poisoned, so make sure you wash your hands after touching it Arthur, and whatever you do...don't let it cut your skin. From what I can tell it's a fast-acting poison, it will get into your blood stream within minutes, but then the poison itself will kill you slowly to make whoever the target be, suffer." Merlin explained, then Gwen noticed something trickling down Merlin's fingers.

"Merlin what's happened to your hand?!" Gwen stated, fear in her voice, Merlin looks at his hand and scoffs, almost as if he was amused.

"A cut." Was Merlin's simple reply. Then, Merlin's skin went two shades whiter, if that was even possible considering how pain his skin is, his forehead started to sweat, he's body started to shake, then...his body went numb. Merlin became extremely dizzy, and before he knew it, he started to fall. Likely Arthur was close enough to him, to catch him before he could hit the floor.

"Merlin!" Arthur exclaimed in a panic.

"We need to get him to Gaius." Gwen stated, and quick as lightning, Arthur was carrying Merlin to Gaius' bridle style. Gwen quickly grabs Arthur's hooded cape and runs after him, hoping that the fact that it's a dark night, will be enough to hide Arthur's face.

Once they go Merlin to Gaius, they wore told to wait outside, and he'd call them in once he was done. They waited for what seemed like hours before Gaius finally opened the door and told them they could come in, Merlin was lying on a bed in the front room. It was easier for Gaius to keep an eye on him this why, and get to him quickly if need be. Merlin looked awfully pail, was shaking slightly, and was sweating, but apart from that seemed to be ok. Arthur let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"How is he?" Asked Arthur, not taking his eye off Merlin, a worried and almost guilty look on his face.

"I have given him a formula that has helped. He should be fine, his body will still have to fight a nasty virus on its own, but he won't die, and he will get better quite quickly. It is a good thing you got him to me when you did Sire." Gaius explained, constantly looking at Merlin, almost as if he was reassuring himself that he was still there, and getting better.

"He won't be able to help me tomorrow, will he?" Arthur finally took his eyes off Merlin, and looked at Gaius with saddened eyes.

"Gwen, would it be ok if I speak with Arthur alone." Gaius asked.

"Of cause, I'll see you soon Sire, your cloak is on the char when you're ready." Gwen said, placing the cloak onto the char that was in front of her before living the room to go home.

"Sire, I regret to inform you that Merlin will not be by your side for quite some time. But there is a chance his body will fight the sickness quicker than most, but even if that were to happen he would not be going back to work for a little while longer." Gaius explained to the young prince, Arthur lowers his head in sadness. "May I ask why it matters to you so much for Merlin to be there?" Gaius asks inquisitively.

"No reason." Arthur replays quickly, a blush spreading across his cheeks, Gaius starts to chuckle. "What's so funny?" Arthur asks defensively.

"That you believe you can fool me Sire. I have seen love many time and I would recognise it when I see it." Gaius explains, a smile on his face. Arthur instantly relaxes, a smile spreading across his face too.

"How did you know?" Arthur asks quietly still looking at the floor.

"Because I can tell a happy, complete man when I see on." The moment the statement was said, Arthur head shot up in shock, but it quickly turned into a smile that told Gaius his statement was right. He felt extremely happy, and he felt complete in every why, mentally, spiritually, physically, and the most important one of all...he felt complete in his heart. "And, Merlin is wearing a royal blood red neckerchief and a bracelet that I know I have never seen before tonight." Gaius explained with a chuckle that Arthur shared.

"How do I tell him?" Arthur asked, seeming to be desperate in knowing the answer, like he's tried to do it many times but never could.

"When the time is right Sire...you will know." Gaius smiled at the blond man that stood smiling at the bed Merlin was lying in. "But before you do that, you must learn something about Merlin, he will tell you when he is ready, but it may not be for a while. It is a secret of his that he is scared of sharing." Gaius explains softly.

"Are you talking about his magic?" Arthur asked politely.

Please comment and vote :) thank you