Arthur's Gift to Merlin

They both snuck into the castle and went into Arthur's chamber where Arthur went into a draw and pulled out a box, he opens the box and pulls out a key that Gwen had never seen before, Arthur looked at Gwen as he but the box back. "You can never tell anyone about this." He said with a serious expression on his face, Gwen nods her head in agreement, knowing it was something privet. They left, and Arthur turned to Gwen. "Would it be ok if it was just me and Merlin for a while?" He asked nervously.

"I suppose it would be best if you and Merlin were alone." She explained with a smile.

"Thank you." He really appreciated what she was doing for him. "Why don't you go ask Guise if he wouldn't mine you staying there for a while, I should be ok from here." Arthur explained, Gwen smiles as she nods her head, they both state going in opposite directions.

"You know Arthur...no matter how much you try, and hide is...I can tell that Merlin means more to you then you let on." She explains, Arthur blushes a bit. "And I think it's really sweet that you feel this way for him, and I don't think you should worry about Uther...he may be your father, but he can't stop your happiness." She smiled before walking off, Arthur blushed extremely because of what Gwen said, and thought about her words as he went off to go get what he wanted.

Gwen finally got to Guise's and knocked on the door before entering. "Gwen!" Guise smiles. "To what do I own the pleasure?" He asked as he walked over to her.

"I was wondering if I could stay her for a bit, Arthur needs to talk to Merlin alone for a bit." Gwen explains, a smile on her face.

"Of cause." He told her. "You wouldn't mind helping me with a few potions, would you?" Guise asked politely.

"That's fine." Gwen replies. "Guise...I have something I'd like to ask you." She stated shyly.

"Ask away." He stated with a shrug.

"Could you tell me everything Merlin has done for Camelot with his magic please?" Gwen asked, Guise looked shocked for a moment but smiled.

"So, he told you." Guise stated with a chuckle.

"Well, I actually asked him this morning because a sure that he had green eyes, when he actually has blue eyes. So, he told me." She explained, and they both laughed a bit.

"Of cause I can tell you...please sit." And she did. This night, Gwen would finally know all Merlin has done to protect Camelot and its people, one blond haired Prince in particular.

Arthur soon got beck to Gwen's and took a deep breath in then out, before opening the door to find Merlin quickly standing from the bed. Arthur came inside and closed the door behind him.

"Is something wrong Arthur? Grey brought me here like it was urgent. I've heard from the neighbours that there was an argument earlier, not long after I left." Merlin lied, he was Grey, and he was the one who comforted Arthur, the neighbours weren't involved whatsoever.

"Yes, everything is fine. There was a...disagreement earlier between Guinevere and me, but everything has been sorted...I think Shadow may have just over reacted." Arthur explains, looking around. "Where is Grey?" Arthur asked in confutation.

"He went outside." Merlin says pointing to the backdoor. Arthur nods in understanding. "So, is there something you need me for?" Merlin asks.

"Yes..." Arthur states, Merlin waits not wanting to make Arthur say anything until he was ready to say it. "Merlin...I am so sorry for the way I treat you." Arthur apologized.

"It's fine Arthur." Merlin says trying to convince Arthur that there was really no need to apologize, but Arthur shakes his head.

"No, it's not Merlin...you're my best friend and I don't treat you like that! The way I treat you is really appalling, and I want to change that...you mean a lot to me Merlin, and it's about time I proved that to you." Arthur explains locking eye contact with Merlin, he moves closer as he puts his hand in his pocket. "I will change the way I treat you, and to show you that I mean it, I got you something." Arthur gives his gift to Merlin. "I hope you like it." He states with a blush on his face.

Merlin looks at what's in his hand to find a pure red, folded up piece of fabric in his hand. Merlin carefully undoes the fabric to make sure he didn't drop anything by accident. Once he undid the last bit of the fabric, he finds a silver bracelet with a dove on it. Merlin looks up at Arthur in shock, Arthur smiles sweetly at him.

"It was my mother's. It bears a sigil." Arthur explains. "I want you to have it...all it does is sit amongst a few other objects of hers, and it deserves to be worn by someone with a pure heart once again. My father gave me permission a few years ago that I could give that bracelet to someone very pressures to me one day. And now I give it to you." Arthur explains, a smile growing on his face as he sees the happiness spread across his face, tears of happiness fill his eyes.

"Arthur...I don't know what to say, except...thanks you, thank you so much...This means more to me then you'll ever know." Merlin whispers, knowing that if he tried to say it any louder, he'd chock on the tears that were growing in his eyes." Merlin explains, carefully putting the bracelet on his right wrist, admiring the glistening piece of jewellery that shone beautify in the sun light. Merlin looks at Arthur with a smile that Arthur had never seen before, but defiantly wanted to see it more often. "Thank you." Merlin repeats in a whisper.

"The red fabric is also yours, I thought you should have a neckerchief that is Pendragon red, to symbolise that you are a man from Camelot and will always have a place in the castle no matter what." Arthur explains, Merlin can't stop smiling, this was the most beautiful thing anyone had ever done for him, and it was from Arthur, the man he has loved since he came to Camelot. Well...when he started to get to know the real Arthur that is. "May I?" Arthur asked, gesturing to putting on the neckerchief fir his friend, Merlin nods his head.

Merlin turns around to let Arthur remove his old neckerchief, and put the new one on. Arthur carefully undid the old red material, doing it slowly knowing that it was probably sentimental to Merlin, he didn't want to roughen it or break it by accident. Once it was off, he gave it to Merlin, as Merlin handed him the new material. Arthur carefully put it on, and Merlin turned around when Arthur was done, his heart rising when he realised how close they were, as did Arthur's heart. "Royal red really suites you Merlin." He said softly, a single tear leaves Merlin's right eye. Arthur brings his hand up and places his hand on Merlin's cheekbone as he whips the tear away with his thumb. "Tears don't suit you though." He says, Merlin breathes a laugh. Arthur's eyes and Merlin's make contact. "I love your light blue eyes Merlin." Arthur breathes out.

"And I love your deep, Oscan blue ones." Came Merlin quiet reply. They slowly stated moving their heads closer together, closing their eyes, letting their bodies and heart take over. And for the first time ever, their lips met in a worm, slow, soft, passionate kiss that was long overdue.

Please comment and vote :) thank you

Author note:
In the last paragraph, you may notice the word Oscan. Well, me and three other people on this app have now decided that this is an actual colour. It's a greenish blue (more green then blue though) with lilac specks. So, from hence forth, I declare Oscan an official colour! Spread the word! I want to see people asking, 'what's your favourite colour' and the response being Oscan lol 😂😂.