Chapter 22: Family

Start from the beginning

"She'll be fine, she has all of us here for her." She said kissing my cheek.

"I just feel concerned about her," I exhaled, "finding out that your father is more evil than Loki has to be awful."

Sif laughed, "Loki is in an entirely different category William, even though you hate him, he has this way of making himself indispensable."

I gaped at her soft expression.

"But," she continued, "We've all been burned by Loki countless times, and I for one will always have my suspicions about him."

I smiled playfully at her, "Was there something between you two?"

"What?" she heaved, "Don't be ridiculous, William!"

I nodded trying not to say anything else to send her off.

She sighed, "Okay fine," she took a deep breath, "there was a time once when we were much younger and innocent, where Loki was fun and friendly, until he started getting jealous of Thor." She exhaled. "It all went haywire after that."

I hugged her, "Thank you for telling me."

She wrapped her arms around my waist, "I don't want you to think that I still have feelings for him, we were children back then."

"I didn't think that you did." I kissed her, "I trust you completely."

She smirked, "Is that why you've always let me take advantage of you?"

I felt my cheeks go hot and turned away from her trying to hold in my laugh. My little jab at her took a completely different route from where I was headed with it.

"William?" She grabbed my arm, "What's going on?"

I let loose and burst out laughing.

"Were you winding me up?"

She furrowed her brows at me with a smile on her face then shook her head.

"You know what," she threw a pillow at me, "you can sleep on the floor tonight."

..............

Renee:

I paced up and down our room vigorously cursing Loki in my head.

"Damn you, Loki!" I hit my forehead with my palms.

I hated this feeling, I felt like I was falling for him. I mean how, how could I even fall for him? The God of mischief, the most skillful liar there is... Well yeah... he is undeniably hot as hell, his personally is frustratingly infectious, he's freaking Loki!

I hate him yet I wanna shag him, I can't even decide.

Sigh.

I crashed on the bed and face planted into the pillow.

Should I even think about him right now? I really hope Kaylee is alright.

I should go check up on her.

I got up and dusted myself off before headed out the door.

As I walked up to the medical quarters where Kaylee was I saw a heap of broken bricks laying all across the pavement and out on to the lawn.

"Jesus!" I gasped at the sight.

Kaylee was crying into Thor's arms.

"What happened here?"

Thor pulled Kaylee up and sat her on the bed.

"Ren..." she sobbed at me trying to speak.

I ran to her side and hugged her tight.

"What's wrong... are you hurt?"

She shook her head 'no' and looked up at me, I could see the heartbreak and pain in her eyes.

"I-I..." she sniffled trying to stop the tears.

"Kay, I'm here." I glanced at Thor who looked just as hurt as she was.

"I just found out t-that... Ullr... he killed my mother."

She finally managed to say.

I closed my eyes to hold back tears. I know how much time Kaylee had spent trying to find out where her mother had gone, and how regularly she'd check police reports over and over from around the time her mother had left. I always knew what to say to cheer her up but right now, I had no words.

"I'm so, so sorry Kay." That's all I could say to her.

She held me, "Ren, stay with me."

"Of course."

Thor frowned at us, "I'll be in my room, send for me if you need me."

He kissed Kaylee's forehead and left.