Chapter 2 (Autumn Leaf)

After talking to Liam, Matthew went to see Eliza.

" Blackthorn!" Matthew greeted Liam who was just walking away

" Devereaux!" Liam replied back.

"You know Liam?"

"Yeah, We're acquainted but we don't really like each other."

"He was a sophomore when I was senior in high school, great athlete kind of an ass but deep down he's a nice guy." Eliza said to Matthew.

"Really?"

"Yeah! Come on, let me introduce you to someone." Eliza dragged Matthew to Isabelle who was struggling to carry a podium.

" Isabelle, this is my friend, Matthew Devereaux. He's from England." Isabelle shook hands with him putting the stand down for a moment

" Charming, I'm Isabelle Radcliffe and that is my son Zachary Radcliffe."

"Do you need any help?" Matthew offered.

"Sure!"

Matthew lifted the stand very easily.

" Wow, How do you that that must be like 200 pounds."

"I work out often!" Matthew smiled at Eliza.

After 5 hours of preparations the festival finally started. People were laughing and happy and enjoy the festivities. Eliza and Matthew were walking around the festival checking things out.

" So Eliza, tell me about you...you got any siblings?"

"Yes, I got sister, her name is Valerie...she's work as a Coroner in Seattle. What about you?"

"I got a little sister, Catherine, she's currently in Chicago right now..."

"What about your parents?"

"My parents died a long time ago."

There was a brief awkward pause.

"Sorry..."

"It's alright, what about your parents?"

"My father is in the army and my mother owns a bakery shop near here. You never told me how you know William Blackthorn."

"Let's just say we don't get along much. Is that Vicky?" Matthew pointed at Vicky who was making out with Zachary behind a stand, expertly changing the subject.

Eliza glanced over and smiled

" Vicky has been crushing on Zachary since we were in high school, Zachary was the bad boy that made every girl take their skirt off."

"Even you?" Matthew teased. Eliza rolled her eyes.

" Oh God No!"

"Did you ever date anyone beside me?"

"Just one guy. His name is Daniel Thompson, we used to date but I end it up because I was young and foolish. So now we're just friends. What about you?"

"I have had several dates but there is one lady, Charlotte Antoine...crazy lady."

"Let me guess, she hunts down every girl you date?"

"You can say that!"

"Wow, She's wild card."

Just then they saw a crowd gathering around.

" What's going on?" Eliza ask the people but got no response. Then she saw William walk past them,

"Liam, What's going on?"