Chapter Six

-Kuro's POV-
"It's advised that children in the area catch the bus to school, and have a guardian while waiting  at the bus stop." The lady on the TV said, as if speaking to me. Mahiru's uncle was on the couch while we were sitting on the rug. Mahiru was doing his school project. Well, it was mine too. But he said that he didn't mind doing all the work, and that was an absolute golden opportunity for me.
We missed one day of school, considering what had happened, but I didn't see how that made a difference.
The experience had phased me, but not as much as him.
Mahiru didn't deserve to have that kind of thing on his mind, nobody did. But he really didn't.
"Can you pass me that?" He said, barely a whisper as he pointed to a pen on the floor.
I handed it to him absentmindedly. He looked exhausted, more than me. From what I could tell, he kept waking up throughout the night, refusing to take the dumb sleeping pills for whatever reason.
At least he had a definite outlook on the situation.
I really didn't know what to think, I mean. Those people knew where we lived, and Mahiru's uncle still had to work until early in the morning on most nights. Lily wasn't staying with us anymore, he was back at Misono's house, even though he didn't really want to be.
People were starting to assume the worst about what'd happened to the kid, he'd been missing for roughly two weeks and there was next to no trace of him anywhere.
While I barely knew him, I did know that he was a good person, I mean, if Lily liked him, he had to be.
I jumped when the phone rang. Mahiru's uncle got up and came back a few seconds later with the phone in his hand, pressed to his ear.
"So. What was it you wanted to talk to me about, Mrs.Watanuki?"
His eyes widened, both Mahiru and I were looking at him.
"Your daughter what?"
"Oh my God, we'll be right over!"
He hung up and rushed Mahiru and I to the car.
"Uncle, what's going on?" Mahiru sounded uncomfortable while his Uncle sped through the town, I waited for him to answer.
"Sakuya's sister she-" He paused for a moment.
"She fell off the balcony while her and Sakuya were playing." Mahiru and I stiffened, what the hell?
When we got there, Sakuya and his parents were talking to the police, something felt... Off.
His parents seemed almost as if they were actors, and I could tell Sakuya was definitely hiding something.
We weren't really supposed to stay, so we had to leave.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So much stuff is happening lately around here!" One of Mahiru's friends said (The blonde short one) while we were waiting for the teacher to arrive.

The door opened and it wasn't the teacher, it was... Sakuya? Why the hell was he at school today? Did anyone else know? Or was it just me and Mahiru?

"Hey guys!" Sakuya sat in a seat, giving us the fakest smile I had ever seen.

I'll be honest, I didn't really like Sakuya very much. That didn't stop me from feeling pitiful though, I looked around. Nobody, not even Mahiru saw anything abnormal about him. Were they really that dense?

During lunch, Ryusei and Koyuki went to the cafeteria, and I had no idea where Sakuya went.

"Can we eat in here today?" I asked Mahiru while I got a cup of plain ramen noodles out of my bag.

"Sure, and do you wanna go get some hot water for that?" He nodded, pointing to my food.

"Nah, It's too much trouble. I'll eat it raw." I broke it apart with my hands, it wasn't that bad.

"They're in here Angel-chan~" I saw Hyde dragging Licht into our classroom, and they sat with us.

"Brother~ Why did you repeat a year anyway? It's boring without you in my class." Hyde whined, loud enough for the entire county to hear.

"So that the work's easier." It wasn't a complete lie.

My brother laughed in response.

"Also, my favourite gloomy piano player is having a concert tonight at the community centre! It's to raise money for the animal shelter, Licht's such an angel!" He said out of nowhere, and in response he was given a punch on the shoulder.