Chapter 26 - Homecoming?

Start from the beginning

Weiss and Cynthia just stared at Ruby, amazed at her wise, kind words. Who knew the young teen could be so mature?

But they both smiled, happy with her answer.

~~~~~

"How long until you think that they notice that we know that they're there?" Blake asked.

Yang chuckled.

"It won't be long. I'm surprised that you didn't hear them. Aren't you suppose to have good hearing?"

Blake glared at her.

"I wasn't exactly trying to listen for anyone... But, yes. I should have heard them from the start. I guess I must have let my guard down..."

"Oh? Are you saying that you feel safe when you're with me?" Yang smirked.

Blake stiffened and blushed.

"Shut... Shut up..." she looked away.

Yang snickered.

"So..."

Blake looked at her.

"So?"

"I realized that... I don't really know a lot about you..."

Blake tilted her head to show her confusion.

"I mean like... I don't know where you're from or anything like that"

Blake looked away and was silent.

"Your guess is as good as mine..."

Yang's eyes widened.

"Wait... What do you mean?"

Blake looked at Yang but then showed a bit of hesitation. She opened her mouth to speak but Yang covered her mouth with her hand making her unable to say what she was going to say.

She looked at the bushes then at Blake again.

"You can tell me your story when you're ready. Plus, we have terribly hiding bystanders"

Blake nodded.

Yang removed her hand from Blake's mouth and scratched her cat ears.

Blake purred and rested her head on Yang's shoulder.

Her ears twitched.

"AW COME ON KISS ALREADY!" Ruby jumped out of the bushes yelling in frustration.

"Ruby, you dolt!" Weiss scolded her.

Ruby froze as she realized that she had revealed themselves.

Blake removed her head from Yang's shoulder and blushed. Yang just looked at her baby sister and grinned.

"Bout time. We were wondering when you were gonna come out"

"Crap..."

"Oh, guess we been spotted. Oh, no" Cynthia said sarcastically.

Weiss shook her head as she pinched the bridges of her nose.

"So, Yang. Are you and Blake gonna go to the dance?" Cynthia asked.

"Oh! That's right there's a dance this weekend. Weiss let's go!" Ruby said.

Weiss was going to tell Ruby that they should focus on their studies. But, as she looked at Ruby she saw those adorable puppy dog eyes that she couldn't resist. Once again she looked away to hide a blush.

"Well, I suppose it could be fun"

"YAY!" Ruby jumped with joy.

Yang chuckled.