A Reason to Live (Levi x Petra - Part 4)

Well, guess I can finally do this thing. The week was exhausting... and I just had to relax my mind... a bit...

Thank God for letting this all end TwT

Well, I hope you guys enjoy the update ;w;

Dedicated to R_Rivaille_H_Heichou :)

-------

“What the fuck have you been doing? Why the fuck are you doing this to yourself? Did something happen to you? Fuck this. What kind of shit are you going through?!” He scolded her after seeing her wrists.

She still smiled while tears fell down from her eyes. “I know it’s unbelievable to say that I am being rejected by the society since I get along with them… right? Let me say that some other women, abuse me too much…” She unbuttoned her coat and lifted the hem of her shirt showing a purplish-blue spot just on the side of her body. “They’re from another college in our institute, and of course, they hate me. It’s been going on for years. It started in Junior high. Right now, it became worst.” She looked down as she reminisces events that she doesn’t even want to remember anymore. “I want to end this torture. I want to die already to see if anyone cares.” Her voice was already staggering. “I hate this world… I hate everything around me… I hate those people… I want to die… I want to kill myself right now… I…” Before she would continue her statement, Levi hugged her.

“Stop it… just stop it.” He tightened his hug on her. “Do you think anything would change if you die?”

“Then what do you want me to do?! Let them toy with me until they’re satisfied? Do you want me to leave the situation alone?!” She was furious. Her tears fell down as she was stating these negative perceptions. Levi knew that she’s been through this shit for quite a long time now. It’s clear that she’s suffered more than he did. “What can I do?! I can’t do anything to stop the situation at all!! I’m useless!!! I deserve that!!!” She stated.

“Petra!!” Levi said her name in a stoic manner, catching her attention. “DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT DOING THIS TO YOURSELF WILL CHANGE ANYTHING?!” Instead of Petra answering, she continued to cry while she dug her face on his jacket. “Nothing will change. If you die, you die. You can’t come back to earth anymore once this occurred. And if you falter, you lose.” He hugged her tighter. “Petra… you don’t deserve this torture. You’re the last person I’d think of to deserve that. You’re the person I don’t expect getting hurt…” He pulls away from the hug and looked straight into her eyes. “I’m here for you, Petra. If you die like this, what the fuck should I do with my life if you die? Do you think I’d be happy if I lost you? Guess what? If you want to die so badly, I’m telling you that it isn’t worth anything. Didn’t you tell me this back at the hospital?!” That statement actually hit her. He knew too, he had to say those words. For what reason? The fact that the dream of her dying and bloodstained is still trapped in his dream. It’s in the back of his mind, and it keeps coming back to him. Then, after that, something hit him. His dreams suddenly turned into memories. He finally realizes that these sceneries aren’t mere dreams. They’re more than that. They happened. And it was tragic. Very tragic in the sense that it’s more painful than what was happening now.

“Shit… This can’t be happening… this can’t be fucking happening…” He still thought due to incredulity, due to the fact that the very last time they met, was when they wedged the Female Titan for the first shot.

He remembered himself fighting for the human race… he remembered that he lost her because he left Petra, with his hand-picked squad alone.

The only thought that came in his mind, was: it was his fault.