[13] Come In, I'm Naked

Willow removed her shiny silver flask from her back pocket and stole a swig. Alora, whom had been rambling on, paused her spiel to rip it from Willow's fingers.

"Where the hell did you get this?" Alora moaned like a mother who'd just found a pack of cigarettes in her child's schoolbag. Charlie waited for the typical kid response, 'It's not mine, I'm only holding it for a friend'.

"I pulled it out of my twat," Willow spat instead, stealing it back; Charlie snorted. "Where do you think I got it?" Gemma slunk from her comfortable spot on the bed and shut the door that Willow had left open upon returning from the bathroom.

"You already found the liquor cabinet?" Charlie asked with a laugh.

"Duh," Willow responded. Taking an additional mouthful, she proceeded to gulp it down and chuck her flask into her open duffel bag. "You know, for a group of highly trained bad-asses you morons didn't even bat an eye when I offered to take first watch."

Hayden snickered from her seat on the floor. Her tools were out and she was currently fiddling with the tracking anklet.

"I need you to listen to me- "Alora started to demand.

"I know exactly what to do, you give us this speech every time we go out. Be vigilant, don't leave any evidence, never turn your back on your target . . ." Willow interjected, trailing off as she presented the exact list of instructions Alora left all of them with.

"This is different," Alora commented once Willow had finished.

"How? It's just another mission."

"Because the FBI will be right over your damn shoulder!" Alora shouted. Her raised tenor took everyone back as Alora wasn't the type to randomly raise her voice. She then took in a very long deep breath and clenched her fist.

Alora could often be compared to a robot. Ninety-nine percent of the time her emotional range was a permanent scowl to a half smile. She wasn't the type of person to ever lose her composure. She was always in check and now that had suddenly changed.

Just another worry to add to Charlie's list of problems.

"Anything you say and do will be heard and reported to Adeline. Anything you, or Crash, says will be analyzed. Crash mentions an old friend and they'll track that person down and a whole chunk of your life will be in their hands. You have to make sure not only you, but Crash doesn't let anything slip. They got very lucky when they found Hayden, but all they really know are our names. You have to keep it that way."

"Yes ma'am," Willow gulped. She attempted to lay on the sarcasm as a shield but everyone saw through her façade.

As if to perfectly conclude their conversation, someone knocked on the door.