[2] Trap Queen

This chapter is dedicated to another BIG supporter of mine! Thank you so much for all your love!

--

"Riddle me this," Willow broke the excruciating stillness from the passenger seat. Using her chair to twist herself around, she looked to Charlie. "Did Victor try to make a deal with you? Or end up just cussing you out?"

"Is that what you really care about right now!?" Gemma came apart, her voice strident.

"I need to know if I owe Hayden money before we go on this little adventure," Willow sneered.

"Cussing," Charlie commented to end the argument and return to silence.

"Dammit." Willow thumped her hand against her thigh. Alora parked her car in one of the unfilled staff parking spots behind the hotel. Charlie glimpsed at Gemma whom accompanied her in the back row. Gemma bounced her foot while simultaneously biting her thumbnail.

"So . . . what's the plan?" Charlie requested for Gemma's sake, afraid she'd gnaw through her nail and move on to biting the bones of her fingers.

"To find Hayden," Alora declared while departing from the Jeep.

"That's it? No thought through battle plan?" Willow hollered as the girls exited the vehicle and trotted after their leader. They caught up with Alora as they rounded the corner of the building.

"We head up to her room and see what we can find," Alora proposed as she drove open the hefty door. She held it, escorting the girls indoor. Charlie hadn't caught the name of the hotel but the lobby was stunning.

A massive crystal chandelier dangled over a collection of leather loungers which were assembled in a circle around a coffee table. Additional groups like these could be found dispersed round the room on top of the enormous decorative rug.

"I'll get a copy of her room key," Willow naughtily smirked, wrenching down her undershirt so the verges of her bra could be seen. She skipped off before Alora could even express a judgmental reply. Alora let out a hefty exhale and started plodding after Willow; Charlie slipped in front of her.

"She'll get the key the fastest." Alora brushed her tongue over her top row, dropping into the nearby seat; Charlie could see the distress smeared all over her face.

Alora was deemed by all in the house to be the boss. Due to this, she felt individually accountable for everybody. If anything ever happened to any of them, she wasn't sure Alora would be able to move on.

Willow had a close call a few years earlier, her target beating her into a three month long hospital stay. Charlie had never seen any human being as troubled and concerned as Alora had been in those dreadful weeks of recovery.

She quavered at the memories. As a way to sidetrack herself, Charlie designated her mind to Willow. Willow sloped over the check-in desk, playing with the clerks tie as he typed away on the desktop.