You Lose

You Lose.

Lower lip constantly being brought between my teeth in nerve-wracking bites. Every thought passing through my mind and beating throughout my veins, consumed in winning.

Weight shifted from side to side as I rocked on my crossed legs, in rhythm with my failures and success.

My thumbs darted around the buttons on the small black controller - aiming for victory.

“No-no-no-no-no-” I blurt out, watching in slow motion as the player opposite of me pulled out a small, fragile looking pistol and shot. The firearm rumbled as a loud chime rang out my speakers. The bullet ricocheted off my chest and passed straight into what I assumed to be my heart. Killing me.

“Victory, Team Blue.” The metallic voice praised. I slouched down and dropped my controller.

“We’ll get ‘em next time.” I mumbled nudging Harry’s arm with my remote.

When he didn’t respond I became concerned. No side comment, no smart remark, nothing but silence.

“You’re that shocked we didn’t win?” I chuckled, trying to fill the stiff air.

Silence filled me ears to the point that a small buzz was heard.

“Harry, mate, what wrong?”

He turned away from me and glanced back. “Me, oh, nothing.”

“Hazza. You honestly expect me to believe that? Come on, tell me”

“It’s, uh, nothing Louis.”

My eyes widened, hands raising to my chest and stopping at my heart. “Louis? I thought my name was Boo Bear.”

“Uh, yeah, sure.”

My eyes fanned over him. Curly brown hair looking dull as it ruffled around covering most of his features. His head was pointed down as he fidgeted with the fingers on his lap.

“Are you still thinking about her?”

“Ha! Still?” line of vision leveled to my eyes with a loud laugh. His head lowered again as he returned his focus to the silver ring clinging to his index finger. “Because I haven’t stopped.”

“Hazza, you have to get over her…” I couldn’t bring myself to continue. In all honesty I missed her too. The way I’d walk in on them curled up, snoozing on the couch. Or how Harry would always be smiling around her, usually laughing about how he was the cook in the relationship. But most of all, I missed her personality towards everyone. Always trying to help. Making sure to leave people smiling everywhere she went.

“I can’t get over her.”

His voice blocked my thoughts. I couldn’t quite see his expression due to the dark curtain of curly hair surrounding his face.

“I still love her, and I know she still loves me.”

“She’ll always love you, but I’m sure she wants you to move on-”

“Stop Louis!” His voice deepened as he stood. Both feet planted to the floor as his hands clenched tight and he closed his eyes, deep breaths buffing from his mouth. “You can’t forget someone, who gave you so much to remember.” He whispered, barely auditable.

“Talk to me about it. I can see it’s tearing you down.”

He crossed over to my bed and sat at the edge, his eyes never leaving contact with the wooden floor.

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“Explain it then…”

I sat next to him on the California king. Watching as my best friend got all worked up. And I felt teary, myself. A small bead of water slipped from his eye and ran down his cheek, landing on the thigh of his gray sweats; leaving a small dark patch in its wake.

“You want me to explain…” he stopped. Voice changing tempo with every tear that met his cheek. “…to explain, how the love of my life was taken from me- How I was the person she called when she found out the plane was set to crash- How I heard her die.” Hysterical laughs started to rumble through his throat. “And to top that all off, I was all the way around the world singing and dancing, instead of keeping My Girl safe.”

“You know it wasn’t your fault.” I whispered, rubbing his arm as he spilled what was keeping him up at night. “No one knew the plane was going to crash, you certainly didn’t know.”

“That doesn’t change a thing.” His thumb and index finger pressed into the inner corners of his eyes.

“We all miss her.” I croaked, feeling as tears started to brim my eyes and slowly seeped through.

“But you don’t miss her, like I do. – You don’t miss her little laugh, or the way she scrunched her face up when she was angry. The way her hair smelt when my fingers combed through it, or how her body formed perfectly against mine while we watched reruns of her favorite show- but it was always OK because she loved them and that was good enough.”

“Hazza-”

“And you couldn’t possible miss her voice, the way some words were accented differently but I could make out each one. And when she got shy, either in front of the camera or at home with me; her hands would always hide inside her sleeves. It still feels like yesterday when she confessed her love. I remember her every word ‘I want you to know that, I love you Stupid.’ Stupid…only she could say that and make it sound like a beautiful name, one you wished would be spoken from her life filled lips.”

“Harry stop.”

“You wanted me to explain – there, now you know what goes on inside my head.”

“I’m sorry Harry.”

“Don’t be, she would be here telling us to act like men, not mice - or some other corny nook title. I just wanted to grow old with her. We’d watch over each other because our love was too strong to break, even with age.”

Tear after tear. They spilled from his eyes as he cupped his face, sobbing into his palms. “She’s still watching over you.”

Only three words could be heard over his cries.

“Not like that…”

----------------

1st, i dont know why i wrote this, its so sad.

2nd, I know i'm absolutely terrible with updates, i'm just so busy with school and exams and argggh. 

Well i hope you teared.

Make sure to vote/comment for the next chappie. :)