Saving star

JANES POV

I wake up with Lisbon over me; we are on the hospital bed which is weird because the last thing I remember was her sleeping in my lap on the couch.

I sweetly pull her away from me, having some trouble because she is holding me by the sleeve, when I finally stand up I take a moment to appreciate her, she is safe, beautiful, and most of all mine… but suddenly a feeling of anger raise inside of me. I walk calmly outside the hospital towards the parking lot.

That son of a bitch tried to become my princess his, it was my fault, I shouldn’t have let her go in the first place, I should have run to her instead of walking, I arrived in time, I know, but she still got the traumatic experience, I’m scared, scared that thought she forgot the incident it’s just matter of time that the memory  comes back.

Why? Why did he do it… there’s something that is bothering me, haffner was always into her but in the good way, what make him turn into this tipe of monster… the idea arrives to my mind.. Red John.

I punch a trashcan with my hand as hard as I can, then kick it till the trash is pilled all over the floor, I cant stand this anymore, this son of bitch had crossed the line, he killed my family now he is trying to take away Lisbon for me, Im going to find him no matter what, I own me and Lisbon that much.

I take out my phone and dial Cho

‘agent Cho’ I hear on the other side of the line.

‘cho, I need you to hold haffner a little bit for me’ I say with a serious voice.

‘ I can punch him if you want’ I hear Rigsby say, the call is clearly on high speaker.

‘you can pucnh him after Rigsby, as hard as you want, but I need him to stay In the cbi till I talk to him’

‘I’ll hold him as long as I can’ I hear Cho answer

‘thanks man’ then , I hang up .

Then I dial Grace

‘How is she?’ I hear Grace desperate voice on the other side of the line.

‘She is fine Grace, thanks, but I do need you to come’

‘whats wtong??’ I hear her worry

‘nothing wrong, I just need to do some stuff and I don’t want her to be alone, plus I think it will be really good to her to have a girl talk’

‘YOU WANT ME TO HAVE A GIRL TALK WITH THE BOSS? Have you become insane!!?’ Grace right, Lisbon is not that tipe of woman but right now she need it.

‘Im sure you will be fine… thanks Grace’ I say before she can reply.

‘Jane YOU..!! ‘ I hear her shout but I hang out first.

Then I ran to my car and head to the CBI, I need to finish this.

Grace Povs.

I don’t understand what Jane expect me to talk with Lisbon, we have never get along well, I mean she is my boss and I’ve tried to become her friend but things had never turn out good, she is the kind of person that hate discussing her personal life. The only reason because we have get better this last year is because im married to Rigsby and they both are good friends.

I arrived to the hospital and direct to Lisbon room, I enter quietly when I see she is sleeping.

Its kind of awkward, I don’t know why but seeing someone sleep had always seem like a “friend intimance” for me, just stupid thing my childhood told me. I sight and then sit on the couch, which I think Jane used to sleep. He’s been always so carish and protective to Lisbon, they are good friends and I’d love them to be a couple, but I don’t think the boss, I mean, Lisbon will ever place love first rather than the career, though this new rule will not make her choose like I had to do.

She softly start walking up, her eyes start searching the room, and they are clearly not finding what they are wanting, she is missing Jane, she won’t admit it but I’m not that stupid.

‘Hi boss’ I sweetly say, once again trying to establish a non-awkward conversation.

‘ hey’ for my surprise she relpies un a cheerful voice.

‘How is everything going? ‘I ask, probably wrong question.

I see tears forming on her eyes, that’s not good , boss, NEVER cry.

‘boss…’ I say standing up and walking towards her.

Im shocked when I see she not trying to make me go, instead she hides her face in her hands and cry.

I sit down beside her and hug her, again surprise when she just cuddle up more into me.

I rub her back, this is the more awkard thing I ever done, but Jane was right, she needs a friend.

‘Boss, I know you don’t like discussing your personal life, less with me, but I think its better if you just let it out’ I say keep rubbing her back.

She goes away from me, clear her tears and nods.

‘I, I can’t remember a thing of what happened yesterday.. ‘ She says

‘that’s a good thing, I think its better for you not to remember, it will be easier to move on, you are safe’

‘The thing is Grace, I cant keep away from my mind, Jane’s worry expression, Im scared for him, this collapsed him’ She says, why she won’t ever admit she is in love with the blond guy.

‘Boss, Jane cares about you more than he cares about himself, even someone blind can notice that, He loves you boss, you are the one thing that keeps him going’ I say when I notice she is crying again, shit, did I said something wrong?

‘Boss…. What’s wrong, I can tell there’s something else’

‘I-I  can’t be a mother’ She just spills out like if she was saying a direct order for me, its shocks me, not being a mother is a far worse punishment, I don’t know how to react to this, how can I support her.

‘he won’t care, he stills loves you, if not he won’t have stayed the night here, besides you, and he wouldn’t have called me to come and visit you’ I think it’s not the thing of not having babies that hurts her, but the idea that no boy will love her like this, specially Jane, who probably already know since he is MIND READER and her best friend.

‘But I can’t give him a family, I don’t deserve someone like him this way’ Is she really admitting me this? is she saying she is in love with Jane!!??? Control yourself Grace, do not freak out..

‘Boss, no one in the world deserves you, you are the best woman I ever seen, and Jane feels the same way, he won’t care if you can’t give him his own baby, you already gave him his life back and I think that’s more than enough’

‘Thank you Grace… for everything, im sorry, I shoud have let you in my life before…’ What going on with boss? This is a dream clearly…

‘Its okay’ I say and hug her. ‘now, the nurse told me you are ready to go hime, so , lets go’