22: Epilogue

I sat in the passenger seat of the car, the window rolled down so that the wind blew my long tassels of hair. Luke's hand was on the steering wheel, his other holding mine. It had been quite some time since everything bad had happened, and I had successfully gotten my much wanted diploma in English Literature. It was summer break, and I spent nearly every day I could with Luke. Anna had found a boyfriend for herself, called Peter, and they often came with us on double dates to the lake or to the beach. However, this time, I sat with Luke alone. His charming eyes set on the dust road ahead of him, his crooked smile curled up into an ignorant smirk.
"Please just tell me where we're going," I moaned in exhaustion, "I want to know."
"I know you do," he said smugly, "That's why I'm not telling you."
"Oh come on," I pleaded, "Just give me a hint?"
"When last did I jump the board?" He winked at me. What? I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, and a laugh escaped from his pleasing mouth.
"What on earth-"
"Shush, baby girl," he winked, "You'll see."
Luke continued driving until he turned down a promenade with a familiar view. I had only seen it a long time ago, and I could quite place my finger on where. The blue ocean clashed with his eyes, and he smiled at me as I tried to figure out where we were going. He stopped the car by an alleyway, and helped me out the car like a gentleman. Holding his hand, I walked next to him. "I remember this place," I said, "Is it important? Don't tell me I've forgotten."
"No, no. I took you here a long time ago, Angel." Luke kissed my forehead and showed me up the alleyway. We took a left. There in front of me was a small, wooden skate park. Nobody was using them, but Luke was grinning happily.
"The skatepark?" I burst into laughter.
"Yes, it's like our, what, unofficial three year anniversary or something, right? You always used to take me here, and you took photos of me with your funny little Nikon. I broke my collarbone." He explained, as we jumped the short metal chain fence into the park. His dark hair was combed back neatly and his smile went so well with the brilliant sky behind him. I loved him so much.
As I looked around, turning on my feet, I heard him call my name. He wanted my attention.
"Grace, Angel?" He murmured.
I turned around and to my shock found him kneeling on the floor, on one knee.
"Grace," he said softly, "Grace Parker. I've loved you since the first day I met you, and I'm going to continue loving you until the day I die. Even then, I'll love you. Grace, you've been by my side when I was at my worst and we really help each other. Grace, no words can describe you and I just want to-" he paused, his eyes tearing up. He began to sniffle, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you, Grace Parker. I love you so much. Please, will you marry me?" Tears rushed down my face as my heart nearly exploded from my chest.
"Yes!" I exclaimed, "yes!" He stood up, kissing me hard, the wind engaging us in a tight embrace.
Murmuring though his kissed lips he said, "I love you."
"I love you too, Luke. I love you too."