Chapter 25: Like A School Play

Start from the beginning

"Nick?" I call on him, my voice sounding extremely soft and light for a change. His head snaps up, he's been sitting with his phone for the last couple of minutes, and his dark eyes bore into mine.

"Can you leave us alone for a moment?" I ask, "please?"

He scoffs in response and then his facial expression becomes distant, as if he is considering it, but then my hopes are crushed as he slowly shakes his head.

"I don't kno-", he starts but I cut him off.

"Please?" His unsure countenance doesn't change, and I take a deep breath and slowly stands up, flashing Patricia a weak smile before turning my back to her and slowly walking towards Nick. He's sitting in the armchair and I bite my lip since I know he somehow finds it attractive, and slowly brush my fingertips against his arm, which is leaned on top of the armchair. I trace my fingers down from his upper arm to his own fingertips, and I can see his body tense up.

"Please?" I repeat once again, letting my fingers rest on top of his before moving them up to his face. I follow his chiseled jawline, knowing he's enjoying it. I can see the lust in his eyes.

I know I shouldn't be doing this, seducing him, and I wonder when I became this desperate. I think it was earlier today when I said his kisses didn't matter: when I lied.

Nick is just a guy with hormones, which I'm exploiting for my own winning, to get what I want. I hate every second I have to touch him, I hate that this is how I have to act to get my will through, but I've always been extremely stubborn, and if this is what I have to do to get what I want, I'll do it. For me, it's just an act, like a school play you're forced to participate in.

I can hear Nick groan in frustration, unsure of what to do, and he grabs after me but I quickly take a step back, out of his reach. He groans again.

"Stop teasing me!"

"Then let us girl talk privately", I say, forcing a smug smirk onto my lips.

To my own frustration, he still doesn't give in to my wish, and I start playing with his hair and pout at him with my lips and give him my best puppy eyes.

"Fine!", he finally sighs, "you got ten minutes."

I immediately take a step back, away from him, and watch him get up. I expect him to walk straight to the door and therefore, I start walking back to Patricia, but Nick grabs a hold onto my hips and pulls me into his body.

"Don't think you get away that easily", he whispers huskily in my ear, "you can't just seduce me like that and then leave me hanging." He turns me around, so that I'm facing his chest due our height difference, and I turn my head away, feeling a blush forming on my cheeks.

"We got company", I mumble, feeling extremely uncomfortable since I know that Patricia is watching the show I'm putting up.

"I don't care about if she's watching or not", Nick smirks and takes a soft grip on my chin.

"But I do", I say and turn my face away again, causing Nick's hand to fall down his side from my chin.

He takes a few steps forward, making me walking backward, following his moves, and we stop in front of the door.

Nick reaches his hand into his pocket, picks up the bunch of keys and unlocking the door and stepping out with one arm around me, forcing me to him while whispering; "Then we'll do it outside."

I curse under my breath, not wanting to kiss him, give him another make-out session which I know he's expecting.

Nick doesn't even bother to lock the door as we stepped out, because instead, he slams the door shut by pushing me against it, not gentle nor harsh. I can't stop a small whimpering sound escape my throat and he smirks and 'tsk' at me.