Chapter 14: A Kiss

He pulls back a strand of my hair behind my ear and once again rests his hand on my cheek. My hearts pace increases and it takes all my will to not move away, but I know it won't be of any use.

I close my eyes, and seconds later, I feel Nick's soft lips connecting with mine.

I feel Nick smirk through the kiss, and it lasts for about three seconds until I pull back as he tries to deepen it.

I didn't kiss back, my lips were frozen, completely still.

My mouth feels dirty as if I just ate a fistful of soil instead of kissing the disgusting, obnoxious, irritating, repulsive, possessive jerk in front of me.

"Wanna do it again?", he winks and my eyes widen.

"No. I rather go and make out with a homeless", I spit back, "can we go back to your room?"

His eyes lit up as I mention his room and he stands up.

"Wow, gorgeous, I didn't think you would be that eager to get in bed with me, but don't get me wrong, I would love to get back to our room now."

I roll my eyes at him and stands up too. His words made me feel a little bit uneasy, but he wasn't serious, right?

"That will only happen in your dreams", I sigh as he slips an arm around my waist, preventing me from fall down since my ankle haven't miraculously healed in a few hours. "And for the record, it's still only your room. My room is at home."

We start walking back towards his room, and I get a feeling that he is enjoying himself right now.

"Gorgeous, this is your home now. And for the record, I do dream about it." He winks at me and I resist the urge to puke.

Please tell me he was kidding.

"You're sick, Nick", I mutter as we enter his room.

He walks us to the bed, but once we're there I slip out of his grip and slowly and painfully makes my way towards the bathroom by gripping everything I passed that prevented me from fall down.

Surprisingly enough, Nick let me go without a word and as I got into the bathroom I quickly locked the door behind me and reached out towards the drawers and pulling out a toothbrush Nick given me earlier.

Even though Nick just kissed my lips and never -thankfully- invaded my whole mouth, I put some toothpaste on the toothbrush and started brushing my teeth intensively.

I do that over and over again until I feel somewhat less dirty, and then I take a mouthful of mouthwash three times.

Nick then knocks on the door and I take my time before unlocking it and peeking out.

"You know I'm not poisonous?", he informs with a raised eyebrow and I roll my eyes.

"Ah, ah, ah!", he warns me and as I give him a questioning look he continues, "rolling your eyes is against the rules, and I've already letting it slip past too many times."

I cross my arms in front my chest.

"What are you gonna do about it? Hit me? Then go ahead. I'm not scared of you."

Truth to be told, I just lied a little bit. I mean, who isn't afraid of a possessive guy who kidnaps you?

"Oh, I've been thinking about hitting you", Nick smirks, "but then I realized it wouldn't work on you. No, I figured out something much better, and absolutely more enjoyable. Every time you break a rule, every single time, I'm going to kiss the perfect lips of yours."