Chapter 4: Welcome

I don't know how long time I sit in the van, but after what feels like an eternity, the car slows down and someone opens the door I've been tossed in through. It's Nick, and he gestures for me to come out. I stumble towards him with shaky arms and legs, and as soon as I step out of the van I start to shiver because of the cold. It's now dark outside and the snowing has started again. Nick drags me towards what looks like a big, old mansion made out of grey stones, and I feel snowflakes landing in my hair. I don't even bother trying to get away, because behind me, another one of the intruders walks.

As we get inside, the other one leaves us and Nick loosen his grip around my arm a little bit and start walking towards a staircase which seems to be leading down to a basement. Now, a growing feeling of panic and unease causes me to stop in my move, but Nick doesn't seem to care and he just continue his walk, dragging me along.

When we walk down, I notice the basement doesn't look like I thought it would. I thought it would be cold with no windows and only a hard, grey wall, but instead the walls are painted in a light beige color and decorated with pictures and the floor is wooden and polished. The only thing I was right about, is the lack of windows. There are a few ones in the top of the walls and I get an uneasy feeling when I see grills in front of them. As If I even would be able to get up to them without getting attention drawn to me.

Nick drags me through a corridor into another, and I eye everything I can see, which isn't much. It's just doors after doors, like in a hotel. When we reach the end of the corridor, he stops in front of the last door and takes out a key and opens it. It's now I start to freak out. He is going to lock me in inside that room. I don't even want to see what it looks like. Maybe it is in that room there're plain gray walls without windows? I have to get out of here, but how?

I do something I think I have to regret later. I slap Nick on his cheek and get ready to kick him in the groin, but before I got to put my plan into action, I feel myself being thrown against the wall.

"Don't you dare", Nick hiss inches from my face. I ignore his warning and take step two on my plan, and Nick gives out a moan when my knee hits his groin.

I thought I succeeded because he bent over in pain, but as I start my run back the same way I came, It doesn't take many seconds before I hear his heavy steps behind me.

Just when I can see the staircase in front of me, arms wrap around my waist and pulls me back with so much strength I yelp in pain, and scream of fear.

"No! Get off me, somebody help!" I take a breath to scream again, but Nick put his hand over my mouth and drag me back to the room.

When we are inside, he roughly throws me at a bed and closes the door and locks it.

I realize the room is nothing like I had thought. Instead of cold cement walls, the walls are painted black and the room is full of furniture. The bed I sit on is a double, not a king sized bed, but it fits two persons and is much more luxury than the one I got in my room at home.

The most significant furniture is a drawer in dark mahogany, a shelf and a flatscreen tv on the opposite wall of the bed.

"What'cha think?", Nick says with a smirk and takes a few step towards me. Immediately, I back away from him, but as I sit on the bed, I can't really go anywhere.

"At least take off your shoes", he says as he takes off his own, "we don't want any dirt in here, right?" I don't answer him and I don't take off my shoes, as soon as I get a chance, I gonna get out of here.

"C'mon, gorgeous", Nick says in a begging tone and takes a few steps forward and slides down next to me. I jump up, terrified of being close to him, and he gives out a low chuckle.