Chapter 25: Like A School Play

Alex's pov

Nick lead me to where the room Patricia is held. It's another room in the basement I haven't paid attention to, it's not like he lets me do whatever I want in here, and I impatiently bite my bottom lip and twirl a curl of dark hair between my fingers as Nick search for the right key.

He takes his time and I start thinking he deliberately take as much time as possible to find the right key and putting it in the keyhole. but as he finally does, my patient's almost gone.

I practically throw myself at the door as he put his hand on the doorknob to open it, but he catches a hold of my waist with his other hand and pulls me close to his warm body.

"Take it easy, gorgeous. It's not like she's going to walk away or something", he smirks and I give him a glare, which he immediately respond to by pecking my lips, and my face shows pure disgust for a moment before I manage to put my mask back on. He can't know I'm more affected by it than he thinks, because then he will just continue doing it, and I don't know how much of it I can take without throwing up.

He flashes me another smirk and opens the door. I want to rush inside, hug Patricia and just comfort her, be here for her, but Nick holds me back.

The room is pretty small, with a mattress with a pillow and a blanket in one of the corners, an armchair, and a small shelf filled with a couple of books. The wall is a dull yellow shade and the only thing that lightens up the room is a lamp that's connected to the wall, and my sympathy for Patricia increases.

I try to get out if Nick's grip as he turns most of his attention to the door as he locks it from the inside, but I fail and he raises his eyebrows at me.

"Please?" I beg, tears filling my eyes. I'm crying to get what I want, not because I can't hold it in.

Nick's hands slide into his pocket, putting the bunch of keys out of reach from me, before taking his hand to my chin where he starts caressing my jawline with his thumb.

I know for a fact that Patricia is staring at me, I can feel her gaze burning holes in my back, but I don't move.

His thumb starts stroking my lips, and then he cups his whole hand around my chin and cheek.

"A kiss for a moment with your friend", he whispers and I do actually lean in closer, quickly pecking his lips and then sliding out of his grip.He did say I would get to meet her if I kissed her in his room, which I did, but I don't have time to argue about the other kiss right now because right now I have to talk to Patricia: calm her down.

I sit down beside her on the mattress and put my arms around her. At first, she's really tense, probably confused too since she saw me kiss my kidnapper, but then she welcomes my embrace and starts crying against my shoulder as I rub her back, whispering soothing words in her ear.

Nick is cold hearted enough to take out his phone and at first, I think he's typing something on the screen, but then I realize that he's taking a picture of Patricia and me.

I give him a mad glare, not wanting to say anything because of Patricia who is still leaning against my shoulder and who didn't see what Nick did.

I tell myself that I will ask him about the picture later and get him to delete it since I hate being with on photos, but something tells me I will forget to do it.

Minutes pass before Patricia calm down enough to breathe correctly but as she does, she gives me a forced smile as she pulls back from my embrace.