Epilogue

Serenity Morales

I let out a groan as I looked at myself in the mirror. "It doesn't fit me anymore."

The dress that I bought a few weeks ago just didn't fit anymore. I bought it specifically for this event and it refused to close in the back. I let out a soft groan, poking my protruding belly.

"That's a good thing, baby," he said softly.

I frowned and let out a sigh. "I know you're right but," I groaned.

He came from behind me and hugged me. "I hope you know that you look absolutely stunning."

"Get dressed," I told him, pulling out of his embrace. "I'll go look for something else to put on."

I knew gaining weight was a good thing but I was still a little panicky. I finally found a looser fitting dress and put it on.

"Why do I even have to go?" Justin whined. "Aren't baby showers for girls?"

I turned to him with a roll of my eyes. "Because I said so. Besides don't you want to find out the gender of the baby?" I put my hands on my hip.

He shrugged. "I'd rather it be a surprise. Besides, boyfriends don't usually go to these kids of things, babe," he whined for the billionth time.

"You're going and that's final," I growled. "Now come here and let me fix your bow tie."

He sighed and came over to me. I straightened his tie out a little and smiled at my work.

"You've been a lot feistier lately," he sent me a look.

"I try," I rolled my eyes. "Let's go. We don't want to be late."

"I wonder if our baby would be more like you or me," he thought aloud.

"Hopefully like me. We don't need another cocky you running around here," I pointed a finger at him.

He grinned and pulled me closer by the waist. He kissed my finger. "You know you like it when I'm cocky. You love me."

I pursed my lips and he kissed them.

It had been seven months since everything happened but I still believed things were happening way too quickly to stomach. I was shocked when I found out-and Justin was too. In fact, everyone in the bunch were shocked. Being young parents was going to be a difficult thing, especially in a gang. No offense to him, I wasn't sure if he'd be a good dad but ever since he found out he's been different. His maturity level had gone up as well as his patience.

"No drinking tonight," he said pointedly at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Why would I? Besides, there won't be any alcohol there."

We got into the car to go to the hall where the baby shower was being held.

"What time is it?" He asked absentmindedly.

"It's seven so we still have a little time," I shrugged softly.

"Do you wanna?" He waggled his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes, blushing lightly. "Justin."

"What?" He whined. "Ever since we found out the news you've been kind of distant. It hurts, right here," he pointed to his chest.

"Suck it up, you big baby," I poked him. "You're not getting any tonight."

He chuckled. "Keep telling yourself that, babe. You know how you get after a long day. Plus, I'm in a bow tie. You get extra feely when I dress up."