chapter twelve

Serenity Morales

Waking up, I yawned a little. But I didn't just wake up, no, I was awoken. I was being shaken gently and I assumed it was because I was running late for school. I almost shot up, but relaxed a little seeing Justin's calming brown eyes looking back into mine. I must have looked so ugly. I rolled over self-consciously, rubbing my face in my hands.

"Come on, it's almost twelve in the afternoon," he told me making me furrow my eyebrows. I groaned. Yet another day of school missed. I wanted to yell at him for not waking me up, but I felt so drained from yesterday that I couldn't even complain. "I bought some breakfast for you because I can't cook for shit, but go and eat it while I take a shower, please." He rubbed my back gently.

I wanted to reiterate his words from yesterday that I starved myself because I had mommy-daddy-don't-love-me issues, but decided to lay that to rest. Instead, I said nothing at all, not bothering to turn over or look at him. He left me alone, going in the shower and I dragged myself downstairs.

The house was silent so either everyone was asleep or no one was here. I opened the container and felt my mouth water at the eggs and bacon. I ate that with a slice of toast and orange juice. I figured that couldn't be so bad and I wouldn't be a whale tomorrow. I threw the empty container away, and hopped off the stool.

Justin was entering the kitchen while I was leaving.

"Look, we can do whatever you want to today. Wherever you want to go I'll take you. Just take a shower and I'm sure Korina won't mind if you borrowed some of her clothes."

I went past him, going up to his room again to take a shower. When I was done I went to Korina/Lucas' room but no one was in there. I browsed through the drawers to find one with Korina's clothes before quickly changing into them. Just something simple I'm sure she wouldn't mind, as he had said. I left my hair out, seeing as it decided to agree with me.

I didn't really care about my appearance actually. What I wanted was to go home and curl up in a ball to be alone. But for some reason Justin wouldn't let me be alone. I just wanted to go home, not be around him. He hurt me. Why would he think forcing me to be around him would actually help the situation? It didn't even alleviate it, if anything just made it worse. Every time I look at him in his eyes, I remember the way he looked when he shouted at me so angrily. It was something that I wish I could just forget, but I couldn't.

I made my way back downstairs. Justin was on his phone dresses in dark blue jeans and a simple white T-shirt covering his chest. I hated to admit even the simplest outfits looked good on him. I huffed out making him look up from his phone. I looked away almost immediately.

"So, what do you want to do today?" He asked, sitting upright on the couch handle.

I said nothing, suddenly wishing that I had my phone to distract me from this awkward tension. Why couldn't he just get a clue?

"We can go anywhere you know," he said, trying to get an answer out of me. He let out a breath of frustration, yet again that short temper getting the best of him. "I'm trying. I'm really fucking trying and I don't know why. I told you I'm sorry. How many times do it have to say I'm sorry for you to forgive me?" He snapped causing my eyes to widen in shock at his sudden burst in anger.

I looked down at my hands entangled together, finding more interest in them.

"Don't you think you're being a little overdramatic? It's almost been a full twenty for hours since this happened. The least you can do is talk to me."

My eyes snapped up to his. "Get over yourself," is the first thing that came out of my mouth. I couldn't help it, no matter how badly I didn't want to talk to him. "You really need to learn how to control your anger."