chapter five

Serenity's POV

Waking up yet again after a long restless night, I still didn't feel relinquished from my slumber. I couldn't be relinquished knowing that I am in danger and potentially put my own family by association. It made me sick to my stomach. If my family ever got killed because of me, truly, I could never live with myself. Sure, mom and dad weren't the most loving and Marissa wasn't the best role model, but they were still my family. The ones that I've grown with, my own mother who gave birth to me and my father who taught me how to ride a bike.

Major downside: I couldn't even tell them to watch out or look behind their backs because that would just put them in even more danger.

I was really regretting leaving my room period.

And Korina was dating someone in a gang? Was she in her right mind? I still couldn't believe Lucas was in one, I never ever expected him to be quite honest. Lucas looked like average boy who had everything going for him. Physically, he looked like your all-American teenager. Justin on the other hand was covered in tattoos, strong looking. You knew he was bad news from a single glance.

I'm wondering, by business did they mean drug business? Considering Justin said he'd sell me weed, if I...you know. Which I never would, by the way. He was completely out of his psychedelic mind.

Weed? What else could they be harboring and where exactly did they keep it?

I would have to do some lurking around later.

When I woke up the next morning, the spot next to me was vacant. I don't really knowing what I was expecting. Justin was showering and I had to wait for him to finish. When he saw I was up, he said nothing. I rolled my eyes, brushing past him and his yummy abs and moved into the bathroom.

While I was stripping off my clothes, his head popped in the door making me scream.

"Toothbrush is in the top drawer," he grinned.

Flushed, I slammed the door on him and locked it.

After I was done, I grabbed one of the fluffy towels. His shower pressure was amazing, orgasm worthy. I cuddled into the towel, exiting the bathroom.

I really didn't want to change back into my old clothes.

Justin was on the bed, watching TV on the plasma screen on the wall that I hadn't bothered to look at yesterday. I hadn't even noticed it and I wondered how I didn't, it was huge.

Upon hearing the bathroom door, his head craned towards me. I glared at him.

"Can you not look at me," I grumbled in annoyance.

"You can't expect me to have a half naked girl in my room and not look," he replied cheekily, licking his lips. I scoffed, reaching for the door handle. "Where are you going?"

"Why do you care?"

"Well, you're walking around in only a towel with four guys in the house and out of those four, two have girlfriends so I'm just curious."

"I'm gonna see if Korina has extra clothes," I told him.

"You could have just asked me."

"Yeah, like I wanna wear your clothes that hundreds of other girls have already worn." I rolled my eyes and watched his face contort with a certain emotion that I did not care enough to decipher. Before he could retaliate, I was closing the door behind me and searching for Korina.

Finding Korina, I changed into her clothes. Not saying Korina was fat, because she wasn't. Her shorts fit me a little loosely around the waist but I wasn't going to complain. I was just a little smaller than her.