Chapter 14 - I'll be the one who breaks my own heart

Start from the beginning

She stays quiet for a while looking at the window then turns to me "Do you think she is still the same? I mean it has only been a month but do you think that she is different how that she it an ivy league student."Kim asks

"Kim."I say looking at her emotionless.

"Oh right sorry...I mean she probably did right."Kim says and I groan in frustration taking out a cigarette lighting it and then realizing I probably shouldn't be smoking right now and tossing it out of the window wondering how the hell I am going to make it through the day.

"You started again?"Kim asks surprised

"Not really. Sometimes."I say feeling a knot in my throat and shaking it off

"Shouldn't you be crying in pain of whatever...I heard this is supposed to be extremely painful."I say looking over at how calm she was

"Well all I know is I feel great. Hey Mom and dad said that they will meet us there right?"She says humming along to a song

"Yeah of course."

10 minutes later..

"Mom please tell those stupid doctors that I want this baby out of me now !I want an epidural please mom!"Kim yells through the hospital letting every single person in the hospital stare at us like we are some crazy family. I told her it is the painful part but she didn't listen.

"Honey like I said earlier we first have to arrange a room for you we have only been here a few minutes. "Mom says ever so calmly stroking Kim's hair.

Dad and I were sitting down both of us nervously tapping our feet but I'm guessing for two different reasons. For him it was because his daughter was about to give birth and for me it was dreading having to see her.

After an hour Kim got settled in her room and got an epidural which thankfully shut her up a bit. I wasn't mean but she was really really loud and I think both the doctors , patients and my family were glad when Kim had finally calmed down.

"Mom Han is almost going to be here I can't wait to see her."She says to my Mother who look at me once her h=name is mentioned and I quickly look always not wanting them to take notice of the situation I will be put it. Today wasn't about me it was about Kim.

Mom called my dad and told him to stay with Kim as she walked to the door gesturing for me to follow. I guess I didn't do a very good job of hiding how uncomfortable I was with the situation.

"Beth are you okay?"My mom asked taking my hand in hers

"Mom I am fine."I smiling hoping to get my mother off of my case

"She is only going to be here so a couple of days. She asked if she can stay for Christmas but if it is going to make you feel uncomfortable I could ask her not to come."Mom said in her motherly way smiling at me

I knew Hannah was a part of this family from day one. I knew that if things didn't work out with us that I would have to be around her. It would be unfair of me to ask my family to stop loving Hannah not to Kim would kill me for even suggesting it.