Robots

"Mistah J!" Harley screamed from the master bedroom, her eyes locked on the laundry closet, where a deep growling sound came from.
Sighing with exhaustion, Joker entered the room with a tired face. "What is i----" he paused, "Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you!" He yelled, opening up the closet door and revealing two familiar animal faces.
Harley gaped her mouth wide open, "Bud. Lou. I thought they ran away ages ago!" She squealed, running at the two hyenas that sat with heavy anticipation.
Joker began to laugh with guilt, "Yep, that's Bud and Lou. They are definitely not two different hyenas that I bought a month back." He nervously grinned, feeling awfully bad for his wife.
It wasn't seeing her happy that hurt him the most, but it was the realisation that he would eventually have to tell her the truth; Bud and Lou were killed months ago.
For now, the most he could do was just smile and nod.

"Aw, I missed you two so much!" Harley cried, turning her head to Joker.
"I can't believe you found them! It's been forever since I last saw 'em!" She yelled, standing up and hugging her husband. "Thank you, Mistah J." Nodding and sighing with satisfaction, Joker stroked Harley's hair.
"Anytime, my dear." He whispered, before his attention turned to the crying coming from the living room.
"I suspect that's Lucy wanting to be fed." He sniggered, nudging Harley to leave the room.

Yawning with weariness, Joker stood up and switched off the small television box, before slowly dragging himself to the master bedroom.
A sudden knocking on the front door caused him to freeze in his tracks, before he crept up to the peep-hole to see who could have possibly been knocking at that sort of time.
He grunted with suspicion, as a blood red material was pressed against the spy hole. Joker quickly opened the door to investigate the strange occurrence, before a small gasp escaped his mouth.
After that, everything went black.

"Puddin? Is that you? I could have sworn I just heard the thudding of a baseball bat." Harley called out whilst cradling her daughter in both arms.
"Mistah J!" She yelled, freezing as three men surrounded her husband, one holding a gun to Joker's head.
"Harley, get Jack and lock yourselves in the bathroom." He demanded, "now."
But the shocked wife of the green haired man simply stood in a frozen state, her eyes fixated on Joker.
"Puddin," Harley gulped, "What's going on?" She let a stray tear fall from her left eye, before biting her lip with fear.
Joker shook his head, "Harley, do as you're told." He stared straight into the eyes of his wife, who sniffled and ran into Jack's room.
"S-sweetie, come on. I need you to get up for mommy." Harley carefully shook her son, as the little boy slowly adjusted his eyes to the dark room.
"What's going on, mommy?" Jack pleaded, grabbing his mother's hand and running through to the bathroom.

"Shh," Harley whispered, tears
running down her face, "It's okay, daddy's just pretending to be hurt! He isn't really in pain!" She fearfully assured the two children who lay in her arms screaming.
Panting and sweating in constant terror, the young mother finally decided she had heard enough, and set both children down in the corner of the bathroom, before running out.

"STOP IT! PLEASE, STOP IT!" Harley screamed to the men who took extreme pleasure whilst torturing the green haired man.
Joker looked up from the ground, flicking his hair out of his eyes and sighing with irritation. "Harley, I told you to stay in the bathroom!" He managed to speak, coughing and sputtering all over the carpet.
One of the thugs who wore thick blood on his hands slowly made his way over to the distressed girl, grabbing her hands and throwing her to the ground, where she lay next to her husband.
Joker scowled at her through beatings, "Why the hell did you leave the CHILDREN ALONE?!" He screamed, as Harley was continuously bashed in the stomach and chest area.
She coughed repeatedly, "I couldn't listen to you go through so much pain, okay?" She yelled back, crying and screaming in terror.

"Why are they--AHH---doing this?! Harley screamed, kicking away the man who attempted to keep her tied on the ground. Joker pushed and shoved the other two men who repeatedly bashed him, before managing to lift himself up off the ground.
Pulling Harley up and dragging her back, Joker immediately dove behind the couch, grabbing Harley's bat and his pistol.
"Toots!" Joker threw the bat to his wife, who caught the weapon in both hands and held it in front of her.
Joker quickly loaded the gun with a spare bullet that lay neatly against the wall, before aiming it straight at one man and pulling the trigger.
Meanwhile, Harley leapt for two other thugs, raising her bat high in the air and smashing it straight down to their heads.
At that precise moment, both the King and Queen of crime were frozen in a state of confusion. Bits of flying metal and bolts flew throughout the air, before landing abruptly on the floor. Harley shivered, "Is that---"
"Metal? Yeah." Joker confirmed, observing the lifeless 'people' laying on the ground.
"Some kind of mechanical trap set for us..." he kneeled down and picked up a sample of the metal skull that lay before his feet.
Harley looked up, "Robots!" She realised, as her husband nodded carelessy.
"Yeah, I guess so." He muttered, "But why?" He stood up, running to the bathroom and finding two terrified children in the corner.
Joker quickly scooped up Lucy and Jack, hugging them tightly. "It's alright, I'm here." He whispered, calming the pale and fearful children in his arms.
"Robots. I've never met a robot before." Harley whispered to herself, still observing the three pieces of machinery on the ground,
"But why?"