18. Sparkling Feelings Vs Confused Thoughts

Thanks for the support you showed for the last chapter...

Due to a reason the place where they live is changed from Mysore to Chennai. Thank you @aditishikhapragya for helping me in rectifying the mistake.

_________

Ashish and Manish enjoyed their time together that day and due to jet lag Ashish slept off early and woke up by 5 in the morning due to Manish's continuous pestering on going for a jog in the beach which is on the opposite side of their colony.

They changed into shorts and vest showing their broad shoulders and toned muscles, and went out of their house. The sun has just started to rise. During the jog Ashish wanted to know about Naina but was fighting with his inner soul on how to ask Manish about her.

"Ah Manish? Are you in touch with any of our school mates?" He asked after thinking a lot about how to ask.

"Yeah!"

"Who are they?"

"Not many, but a few and even you are in touch with them."

Manish guessed that he wants to know about Naina, so, he played along not giving any direct answers. Ashish rolled his eyes frustratingly.

Argh! How can I know about her?

"Ashish? Do you want to know about any 'specific' person? Like your friend or enemy?" Manish asked prolonging the last sentence in a rhythmic way.

"I just asked casually about our school friends. Not to know about anyone specifically," Ashish replied stuttering looking away.

"Oh! Okay! Cool then."

Oh no! He is silent. How will I know about her now?

"Okay, fine! What is she doing here?" Ashish asked sighing.

"Who is 'she'?"

"Naina," he replied gritting his teeth, glaring at Manish.

"I knew. I knew it."

Ashish gave a killing look to Manish but he just smirked back.

"Actually, after our 10th Rohan (Naina's father) uncle extended his business to Chennai. So, they shifted to Chennai as it would be convenient for them. Then I moved to Chennai for 11th and coincidentally from then we both finished our studies together and even now we are working together in the same company, but she is in software development team as a developer and I'm in software Testing team as an Analyst. Last month they moved to their a new house in Dreamland colony."

Ashish nodded, thinking deeply.

That means she lives in the same colony.

"You can ask me if you want to know anything more," Manish added with a hint of friskiness earning a menacing look from Ashish.

"And, yeah! She lives in the opposite house of yours."

Ashish just smirked.

Then they continued jogging on the beach catching up with the past that Ashish missed.

Suddenly a view in front of them stopped them. Naina was doing a classical dance wearing a white anarkali chudidhar with a red dupatta wrapped around her torso. She has long hair now, which reached her waist and secured the upper half of it with a clutch, leaving the lower half. There was a lady sitting on the sand in front of Naina in her jogging clothes resting her head in her palms, balancing with the support of her elbows which she placed on her legs, with eyes half closed.