Written in Blood: The Letter From Hell

I found a letter in my mailbox one day as I went to get the mail like I usually do one cold autumn afternoon. The leaves were now in shades of red, orange, and yellow and already they were starting to fall onto the ground below. The sky was a bit cloudy today, plus a cool breeze was blowing and brushing against my cheek sending a bit of a chill up my spine. I expected there to be nothing but bills, bills, bills...you know, like the usual thing every person faces on a daily basis. Anyway, I went inside my house and looked through every single one.

Sure enough, there were bills and bills. I groaned in annoyance cause I was getting fed up with seeing them. But then I noticed something odd catching my eye.

This one letter mail in a different type of envelope. There was some string tied around it and something written on it that I couldn't even make out, let alone translate. I was left stumped as to what it was saying or meant.

I wonder what this means? I thought to myself. The thought pondered in my head while I read off some of my bills. But every single time, my eyes would be drawn back to the mysterious letter. I decided to try and decipher the odd writing myself. Here's what I got so far:

"Be warned...ye that dares to read
The cursed inscriptions written
In this letter from hell."

Letter from hell? What does that mean? Why is there cursed inscriptions from hell? What the hell was going on?!

I was going crazy. A letter from hell...heh! Must be somebody's idea of a practical joke just to scare me off. I just brushed it off and went about my business. There was no way that an actual letter from hell could've made its way to my home. However, my thoughts kept going back to it. Even while I slept I kept thinking back to it. What was written there? What was written inside? Was there really evil inscriptions inside that one little envelope? Was it really written from hell itself?

No matter how many times I try to forget it, my mind keeps going back to that one letter! Ugh, it's driving me crazy! I thought to myself. That was it. I was going to open the letter and get it over with.

That night I opened the letter and my jaw dropped at the inking that used to write was written down. The stench was excruciating. I had to cover my nose to keep it from breathing in the smell! What was used was not ink but...actually human blood. Real blood! I mean, like red Crimson blood!

((Cue the song in video))

I struggled to bring myself to read what was written...& what I read haunts me to this day & forever more. It said:

"Please...whoever is reading this...I beg of you, don't make the same mistakes I'd made long ago. I am being punished for my faults in hell. There is no light...no mercy...no cheerfulness...nothing. I am writing this as my way of warning those who think that they're not being punished for their crimes! Hell is real! I hear & see the demons everywhere. Even though it is dark, I hear their loud growls and roars. Oh god, their faces...their faces are like they're from a nightmare! They're twisted and deformed. Please...promise me...I don't have much time! I'm pleading to you...don't come to hell! Oh no, I think they may have found me! I hear their godawful voices, bloodlust writhing in their tongues! I've heard cries from others who are here too, even famous people crying out for mercy! I'm writing this letter with my own blood. Do not come here!"

Now I was really dumbfounded. Who was writing this to me?

Most of all...why me?

I kept pondering this over & over in my head. Then a thought came to my head. How can this person's soul write this with their blood if...unless...a cold chill ran up my spine the more I thought about it.

I heard a low growl coming from my house inside. Now I was really getting scared. I heard it again, followed by evil laughter and low whispers. Was...was my home now haunted? I felt heat coming from somewhere within the room and it felt like my skin was going to melt off of me at any moment. I thought that turning on the AC would make things better but I still kept feeling heat from somewhere. I noticed red liquid coming from my walls and I felt stomach tie itself into knots.

What I saw were things written in blood that took the color from my skin away and put a lump in my throat.

Some had said, "Help us" or "Monster" written in real blood. I tried wiping them off but they wouldn't come off. Then blood stained hand prints started appearing. By now the hairs on my skin started standing up and I felt more scared than ever.

I looked for the letter but I forgot where I placed it.

I never should've opened it! I should've heeded the warning that was on there! I had to get rid of it! Ghostly and horrifying screams and wails of utter torture and agony & fear & cries of sorrow started echoing throughout the house! This made the fear in me grow stronger and my heart beat faster. I felt cold sweat pouring down my face. Where is the damn letter?! I thought to myself in a panic.

Finally I found it and was about to put it away...then I saw the numbers of hell. You might know what I mean. The mark of the devil  written on it and then it also said, "welcome to hell."

I couldn't believe it...since I opened the letter...I had sent myself to the most horrifying place known to mankind. The no.1 place no one ever dared to go to...no one ever wants to be stuck in forever.

I...had sent myself straight to hell.

And it was all cause of a letter written in blood.

The end