Where's My Life?

Laura's POV

"This is all just too much" I muttered to myself as I stepped into what Cole referred to as our floor of the council mansion. Everything and I do mean everything on this floor is decorated with the same blood red color as Cole's eyes. A hand at the small of my back brought me out of my gawking. I turned around a found Cole staring at me with hungry eyes.

After the brief introduction with Cole's brother Dom, Cole insisted we come up and shower and I take it by the way he's staring at me that he meant TOGETHER.

"Cole, I don't mean to rain on your little parade, but I'm showering ALONE."

He looked up into my eyes and the fiery intensity of his stare increased.

"Oh really now?" A smirk playing at the corners of his perfect lips. He stepped forward closing the small distance between the two of us and cupped my chin tilting my face up to his. The closer he leaned in to me the quicker my breathing got. How embarrassing.

"Cole..."

"Hmmm?"

"I know what you're trying to do... and it won't work"

He let out a sigh and dropped his hand from my chin taking a step back, " Fine. You can go first. I need to speak with the council anyhow, but when I return... You'll pay for that" He said with a broad smirk exiting the room shutting the big red door behind him.

"Well great." I mumbled hoping he wouldn't hear me. I turned facing the room again and spotted black leather clothing laid out at the foot of the bed. "Hmmm." Walking over to it I realized not only would this be skin tight on me, but there is also what looks to be very exposing underclothes in crimson red. I picked up the scraps of red clothing, "Oh you have got to be kidding me."

I dropped them back onto the bed and plopped into the mattress. My head began to spin and imaged of the golden wolf flooded into my mind.

Beautiful golden paws pounding the ground as he ran. A golden streak racing through the woods with the sun shining on his back lighting up his magnificent coat. Laura... Laura come to me. I can protect you. I can love you... the way only a TRUE mate can... A smooth honey laced voice whispered into my head. My heart clinched at the sound and my mouth began to water. You want me Laura, I know you do... I want you too. Please my love, come to me. Follow your heart... Your wolf longs for her mate. Do not defy her this... I will be waiting for you. The golden wolf lifted his head to the bright sky and howled a beautiful song. He was calling to his mate...

My eyes flew open at the sound of howling in the distance outside of this mansion. The same howl. What the hell is happening to me? How could I be longing for a wolf... Cole said he was my mate... The memory of how delicious the golden wolf's blood tasted in my mouth brought a heat all over my body. I got up from the bed and walked over to the door to the bathroom pulling off my clothes entirely and dropping them to the red carpet along the way.

The bathroom was like the first floor. Completely white. Going over to turn the cold water on in the shower, I pass the mirror and catch a glimpse of myself. I look like I've been dragged through the dirt and trampled by a stampede of wild animals. In other words, I look like hell. My hair is knotted and still hold traces here and there of the wolf's blood. my mouth watered, but I quickly looked away from my hair and into my own eyes. Who am I? The woman that I was yesterday seems like a very, very distant memory... Jackie... oh god. She must be worried sick! Maybe Cole will let me call her and let her know I'm alright.
Shaking my head i walk away from the mirror to step into the shower closing the curtain letting the cold water cool my heated body for a good 30 minutes or maybe it was more. For some reason I kept finding myself thinking of that wolf. The remaining blood washed out of my hair and I couldn't help but notice how much more pale my skin was getting. I turned the water off and got out of the shower. I looked around for a towel and nothing. "Great."